Another Deliberate Seize

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sygrid

Reaction score
This one I made at 3:00 am. We are having 'bear' issues and one woke me up at 2:30 clawing at my basement door. Charming. So..I'm UP. Might as well make the best of it. This one is Tequila Sunrise Rose. Makes me want a Tequila Sunrise when I look at it and it's scented with Rose fragrance oil. Nasty one....barely a mix with the stick blender and the batch is a rock.

I made 2 - 2.5lb batches. I wanted to take pics of the process but at 3am...the lighting was not great in my kitchen at the house.
I'll be making more batches this week and I'll have pics then. These pics are not the best either, I am no photographer and I don't have a light box to work with, sorry about the quality.

TequilaSunriseRose1.jpg

TequilaSunriseRose4.jpg

Amazingly it still has a strong scent, I don't seem to lose any more than I normally would with any cp batch, even though the heat is definitely UP :twisted:

Thanx for taking a peek

Lorie

Wow...such an interesting technique and sooo pretty. I have to say you are very brave.

I guess brave a little bit but really I believe that anything is possible, you just have to dig in till it works. I haven't thrown out a batch of soap in probably 19 years. And I got tired of having to check the bottles for my notes on what it can be used for, and then have certain fragrances sit in the cupboard only to be used for bombs and melts. It's only scary the first time you do it. After a while you don't even think about it.

My break is over, thanks for posting :)

Lorie

Lorie,

Great idea...hit it head on. I have a question though, how are you getting the different colors into the seized soap? Are you making more than one batch or splitting it and then mixing each different color? Are you smooshing it in your hands together then, like playdoh and then smooshing into the molds?

Wow! Those are some bright colors!
Have you ever thought of leaving the soap in the pot after it seizes and let it go to gel right here? Than you could have cooked soap; all in one pan. :)

Hi :D

Scooter, I split my batch and only seize the bottom layer. I keep the separated portion sitting quietly at light trace on the side waiting for the fireworks to begin. It depends on the colours you plan to use. Main batch has to be the lightest colour and you have to be able to 'make' the right 2nd colour accurately from there. eg: If you start with peach..it's gonna be tough sleddin' to then mix blue. You're going to end up with a shade that you might hate and then it's too late. But you can go yellow to peach or orange like I did. Keep your primary's in mind and you'll do fine.
Here are some better shots of the 2nd loaf uncut.

LoafendTeqSunRose.jpg

TequilaSunriseRoseloafsideflash.jpg

Soapbuddy :wink: I think you're on to something...stay tuned.

Ps: Scooter, when the batch seizes, it depends on the amount of seize. Some only seize a little. Both of these batches were rock hard. I cut them with a knife and tossed them into the molds. No smooshing. Just chunked them in there,poured the 2nd colour over them and added my colour chunks at the end. It's starting to set up by that point so I work fairly quickly to get them in there. No kidding, wear your gloves, it's still caustic and quite hot at this point.

Lorie

Cool looking soap! Once when a soap seized on me, I plopped it into a microwave safe bowl with a bit more water and zapped it until it was runny again, just like I do a rebatch. Turned out fine.

Latest posts

Back