Angled straight line-first time

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnScented Arizona

Reaction score
Saw a video on you tube for this technique. Super fun to do. Colors aren't exactly complementary in my eye, but still striking in person.
IMG_1321.jpg
IMG_1322.jpg

Those colors are perfect and the design is awesome. Straight lines are hard to do! Hey, even if that's a rubber-coated wire rack, make me feel better and slip a piece of parchment paper under your soap. :)
I know. It's a baking rack. Enamel coated. Sometimes leaves little wire marks if I cut too early. Thank you for the kind words.

Fantastic job. I like the colors!
Thanx. Good to hear. I'm not always the best with color combos. My son (actual artist) is constantly trying to teach me about color wheels and complementary colors. Can't seem to learn it tho.

I know. It's a baking rack. Enamel coated.
Due in part to the remaining alkali in new soap, as well as the rigors of washing (esp if you put them in a dishwasher), those coatings erode over time, leaving the soap exposed to the metal underneath. Even if it is supposedly stainless underneath, at best it is usually a stainless coating that also degrades. It would be very sad to see your soap develop DOS because of that. :(

FWIW, I used parchment paper for a long time on my wire racks. Then I bought some Dollar $tore shelf liner and use that, since it's washable and therefore reusable. To me, that was a good investment to protect against DOS. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back