Add MY epic failure to the list of mistakes...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inodoro Pereyra said:
LJA: I was about to say what everybody here just said, but reading your post I saw you wanted us to mock you.
So, being that my duty in life is to make people happy, I decided to do as you wish:

GET SOME NEW GLASSES LADY! THAT SOAP LOOKS AMAZING!!!

Happy now? :lol:

LOL!! wiseacre! :wink:

surf girl said:
Well I think it looks just fine! And I asked mr surf girl to take a look, and he does too - so I'm not just being nice. Your pictures with arrows had me completely cracking up, though. Awesome.

Re the speckles, I'm not entirely sure why I got them and you didn't, but it may be because I ground the root at home (coffee grinder) rather than buying the powder. Having said that, some of the powdered turmeric etc that I use will leave some speckles as well. It must depend on the fineness of the grind no matter who is grinding it... I was not actually going for speckles, but they grew on me.

I use the pantyhose-over-little-dish technique for sprinkling cocoa powder as well. I didn't get any smears on the Pretty in Pink soap (for which I used an extremely fancy milk carton mold), but I did get a tiny bit of smearing in the most recent soap I made (wooden mold with freezer paper lining). I'm not sure I care, but I might shave it off.

And re white - my soap was olive pomace + coconut. Very white.

Ohhh so it waaaas root. Hmmm. I'll try it again, and see if I can get it semi- as cool as yours. How awesome are you for the pomace and coconut recipe?! :D Thank you!

Yer welcome.

I just realized I didn't answer your question about blending. I didn't record whether I stick blended or not, but I suspect not. I think I most likely whisked it in. Can't say for sure, though. Bad diary-keeping.

Stick blending shmick blending....I'll wing it. Since I have powder anyway it probably doesn't matter. I'll try the root somewhere down the line. Thank you, though. :D

What about olive/pomace ratio? Mostly coconut, I assume? 60/40 maybe? Is that drying for you?

LJA said:
Inodoro Pereyra said:
LJA: I was about to say what everybody here just said, but reading your post I saw you wanted us to mock you.
So, being that my duty in life is to make people happy, I decided to do as you wish:

GET SOME NEW GLASSES LADY! THAT SOAP LOOKS AMAZING!!!

Happy now? :lol:

LOL!! wiseacre! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You're welcome... :wink:

LJA said:
What about olive/pomace ratio? Mostly coconut, I assume? 60/40 maybe?

Nope - it's a bastile: 80% OPO, 20% CO. Lots of lather, gets very hard eventually, pretty gentle. I sometimes make one with a bit of castor oil as well, but not that particular batch. I don't get a greenish tint with olive oil unless I infuse the oil with herbs.

surf girl said:
Nope - it's a bastile: 80% OPO, 20% CO. Lots of lather, gets very hard eventually, pretty gentle. I sometimes make one with a bit of castor oil as well, but not that particular batch. I don't get a greenish tint with olive oil unless I infuse the oil with herbs.

You are the queen of Awesomeland, lady. :D Thank you!

Latest posts

Back