A source for finding discoloration rates of FO's?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerye

Reaction score
I am about to use 2 of my new FO's that I bought- Victorian Rose, and Hazelnut Cappucino. They are Crafter's Choice FO's.
My main concern is with any discoloration that might occur or possible mis-coloration if I add colorants.
I don't mind white or ivory colored soaps, but really would like to stay away from yucky browns, etc. since these will be Christmas presents for family members.
So.... is there a website that lists different FO's and what they do to soaps? The reviews on these two at WSP didn't list anything.
Thanks!

Hazelnut capp will go a nice brown color , Victorian Rose could accelerate your trace , just have everything ready before hand . There are scent review forums out there , they have some fantastic info . Here is 1 of them. The supplier you bought the scents from may have reviews too.

http://www.scentforum.com/

Kitn

i tried the scent forum and dont see much about peak fos, i wish i know before i soaped what color they were going to be! my french vanilla amber turned way dk brown, its ok looking.

honor435 said:
i tried the scent forum and dont see much about peak fos, i wish i know before i soaped what color they were going to be! my french vanilla amber turned way dk brown, its ok looking.

I know how you feel. It seems like most times when I pick a scent I would like to try and go to soapscentreview, there is nothing on the one I want. I love Peaks scents for candles. I do a lot of bakery/foody type scents for candles, but I am not into too much of that type of scent for soap.

honor435 said:

I used mostly Peak FOs and I'm making a notebook of the way they react. Hope to eventually have my own reference.

Something you can remember for all scents with vanilla and sandalwood is they turn brown--one degree or another.

Back