70% Rice Bran Oil soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's statements like this that make me wonder if you know what you are talking about, or, as a matter of fact, what we are talking about all the time. Curing never has been about lye. Not in rebatching, but neither in CP nor HP. If you had listened with good intentions, and allowed your allegedly curious and scientific mind to absorb the statements you were told from the very beginning of this discussion, things would have been much easier.
Here again you insist on being quite unnecessarily condescending and critical. Just purely unkind.

Why not stop present yourself as the victim? Why not at least attempt to listen, and become topical again? Sorry if I misunderstood you, it might well be that you meant statements of the form “quite unnecessarily condescending and critical. Just purely unkind.” as deescalating?

I find it truly hilarious how YOU tell ME to stick to topic. I was trying to clarify obvious misconceptions on your side about lye consumption, evaporation, CP and HP. And the best you come up with, is very rude non sequitur BS.

Do you think that it's okay to apply such double standards?

Then I will point it out this way- those CP soap experts you are mentioning are talking out their bootyholes. Everything you mentioned about gelled CP soap is fact for HP soaps as well. Only differences between a gelled CP soap and a HP soap is that the saponification with HP soaps happens with an hour or two. CP soap, especially if an oven is used at 170 F, generally takes a few hours. If you still don't wanna do that than at least test the theory your self. Take two soaps from your HP batch, weigh them and then let one of them cure for at least 4 weeks while you use the other one(s). You will most definitely have your answer by then.

I also have to agree with @ResolvedOwl- You would do well to use M&P soaps if you can't be bothered with curing your soap. You'd be less likely to develop dermatitis with M&P as opposed to using raw HP soap.
Twisting words seems to be a thing around here

Twisting words seems to be a thing around here

Please take this to another thread. If you don't want to learn, fine, but can you please at least start your own thread rather than hijacking this one on RBO soap? When I'm studying the oil and refer back to this thread I'd like to be able access the wealth of knowledge without scrolling through multiple pages of nothingness.

Hope

Please take this to another thread. If you don't want to learn, fine, but can you please at least start your own thread rather than hijacking this one on RBO soap? When I'm studying the oil and refer back to this thread I'd like to be able access the wealth of knowledge without scrolling through multiple pages of nothingness.

Hope
I was about to break out the popcorn reading up to this. How is your research coming along? Did anything else pique your interest?

Latest posts

Back