2 in 1 Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

Reaction score
To use up the remnants of what could be considered a facial bar (no lauric/myristic acid), I stuck it to a new bar that could be considered a body bar (with lauric/myristic). It got me thinking. Has anyone intentionally created a 2 in 1 bar where its has two layers, one for the body and one for the face? Perhaps in 2:1 proportions.

To use up the remnants of what could be considered a facial bar (no lauric/myristic acid), I stuck it to a new bar that could be considered a body bar (with lauric/myristic). It got me thinking. Has anyone intentionally created a 2 in 1 bar where its has two layers, one for the body and one for the face? Perhaps in 2:1 proportions.
My face bar is a salt bar. I think would probably dissolve faster than the half that's the "body bar." I could see doing half scrubby and half not, though.

My only thought on this is when you lather the bar up, you are going to get lather from both sides of the bar, (or at least the way I lather my bars, I would) which would kind of defeat the purpose of having a 2-in-1 bar.
In theory sounds like a good idea though.

I kinda sorta do something along those lines with my 'Almond Joy' soap, only instead of making a 2-layered soap, I add chunks of finished 100% CO soap/20% S/F soap (scented with a blend of chocolate FO and Almond FO) into the fresh batter of my 65% tallow recipe (scented with a coconut FO).

IrishLass :)

I stick my soaps together when they're small like that too hehe

I had saved a page before but can't find it now. The lady talks about how her dad doesn't like switching between multiple bars in the shower, so she made one layer a shampoo bar, and the other a regular body bar. One was plain, one was colored.

I just don't know how effective it was/be, like jcandleattic. Unless you have a way of getting soap from only one side at a time on your hands?

I have thought about trying something like that. But I was going to do a salt bar and regular soap. Now I may have to give it a try to see if it works in a small batch. When I get around to making soap again.....

Back