Stacking Loaf Molds?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyG

Mold Meister
Reaction score
Heya all,

Have a question for all the cold process soap makers... and would appreciate any insight offered.

Would stacking loaf molds have any ill effects on the way that the soap cures? I'm not saying the molds would actually touch each other, there may be an inch or two of space between them. Or does that even matter and it's okay if the molds actually do rest one on top of another?

Essential Depot has stacking molds for an example of what’s out there. The mold fits into a basket and the baskets are stacked.

CP/HP is usually cut before it’s cured so stacking shouldn’t matter as much as long as the soap is able to harden enough before cutting. For my personal opinion - the bit of space would probably be better than no space. It can easily take up to 5 days for my soap to be firm enough to unmold and airflow definitely speeds that up.

I agree with what BattleGnome said. I gel my soaps so I can generally cut them the day after they are made. But, if the soap had to stay in the mold for a few days and I was looking for a stacking option, air space between the molds would be best.

Essential Depot has stacking molds for an example of what’s out there. The mold fits into a basket and the baskets are stacked.

We've actually seen these, and it's what prompted my question. We knew they worked fine with M&P, but wasn't sure about CP.

dibbles:
But, if the soap had to stay in the mold for a few days and I was looking for a stacking option, air space between the molds would be best
Appreciate the insight. Thank you kindly @BattleGnome & @dibbles

Back