different and very pretty

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really cool looking soap!

I think the cloudy/swirly look is from adding white MP chunks to warmer MP soap and stirring with a chopstick. Freezing/cooling the darker embed will help it resist melting into the clear.

(learned by trail and way too much error.)

i have some m&p soap bases and quite a few EO's. think i'll give that a try. i'm loving her soaps! think i'll buy a few to see them close up. ;)

the penguin soap is a must for my friend in scotland. he's going to love it. :D

Her soaps show her enthusiastism. I agree with you on that one Wonderland, I like trying other's soaps to measure quality & get a closer peek at their technique, not that I would duplicate it in any way, but it does give ya plenty ideas to play around with.

@Deba: I was thinking maybe transparent soap, but than again, you're probably right about her using M & P soap.

Goplanetearth has tutorials on making ribbons & rolls out of M&P. The black is a soap roll. The white is soap that melted when added to the hot clear base. Quite often when you plan to add chinks of a colored soap to a clear log, if the clear soap is too hot it will melt the chunks & you will get that cloudy effect whether you wanted it or not :wink: .

Latest posts

Back