February 2024 SMF Challenge: Latte Art Designs (Pretty Soap Tops) ☕️

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sign-up list:
1. VikingChick - I’m in! Me and coffee are BFFs…
2. katili - It's only been uh... over a decade since I made latte art!
3. Nona'sFarm - looks like fun
4. dmcgee5034 - I’ll give it a try 🥰
5. MichaelP - I'm in! Looks like fun and another learning experience!!!
6. Vicki C - this is SO clever! 😍☕🧼
7. Cindy D. How fun!

My coffee fragrances arrived, yippee! I did not read the directions and made many different designs. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Had a lot of fun and thought of @KiwiMoose who taught me the expression “faffing about” in this forum (we don’t use that expression where I live) because I did a LOT of that. Also because she makes extraordinary mandala stones and I am unable to place eight dots of soap batter evenly in a circle. Super fun challenge thanks @AliOop!
IMG_3494.jpeg

@dmcgee5034 Those are such pretty colors, your hearts are so wispy!!

@Nona'sFarm
Lime in the coconut, what a cute idea. I bet it smells great!

@Vicki C those are so cool! I like the bottom left best!
I also was faffing about and thinking of @KiwiMoose as I was making dots on dots on dots. 20240225_101718.jpgand then I tried to make pansy flowers20240225_163714.jpgAt some point I need to get focused and sew some stuff for my husband....

Hi everyone, I had an unexpected detour last night and didn't get the Entry Thread closed as originally scheduled. I can leave it open a few more hours in case someone is in the process of uploading their entry. Let me know if you need that time; otherwise, I'll close it up and get the voting links out to y'all.

Sure, that would be totally fine! I was hoping to get the voting links ready by lunch, but the day job is taking precedence. So there is still some time. :)

I'm so sad to have missed getting to make a proper soap, I got absolutely wrecked by something that wasn't the flu or covid but still felt awful. This is the first day I feel functional :(
If you're up for it, whip up a small batch of soap and have a little fun!

@MichaelP hope you can get one done too! Just have fun! Who knows maybe you will have such a unique top it'll win.. it doesn't have to cure, just take a picture when you're done playing.

Hi everyone,

The Entry Thread is now closed. The voting link will be going out soon via private message ("Conversations") to everyone who signed up. Please remember that if you signed up but did not submit an entry, you should still cast a vote. :)

I’m sorry I didn’t get an entry in! I inadvertently disqualified myself at the last minute by adding a mica drizzle to my soap tops just before putting it in the oven (I actually had put it in, then took it out to add the mica. 🙄) It’s more than allowed by the entry rules, unfortunately. I do like how my soap tops turned out, but they don’t meet the requirements. 🙁

I’m sorry I didn’t get an entry in! I inadvertently disqualified myself at the last minute by adding a mica drizzle to my soap tops just before putting it in the oven (I actually had put it in, then took it out to add the mica. 🙄) It’s more than allowed by the entry rules, unfortunately. I do like how my soap tops turned out, but they don’t meet the requirements. 🙁
Sounds lovely, can post pictures here anyway.

Latest posts

Back