Zany's No Slime Castile

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
'cept I used real seawater instead of faux.;)
Scented with lemongrass EO.
fullsizeoutput_59a7.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_59a3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_59a4.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_59a5.jpeg

When you say no slime do you mean when you’re using them? Because I made an olive oil Castile that has been probably curing around 8 months now I haven’t tried in some time, but at around the 2 month mark they felt slimy when using. Which was a bit of a turn off. And I loveeee the essential oil mixture I used in them so I really want to love them. Maybe I’ll whip one out again lol.
I just had an entire conversation with myself :rolling:

I haven't actually tried it. I guess i should compare it to the the first batch, which has the faux. Although this new batch also has 0 superfat in it, which i failed to do the first time, so we're not really comparing apples with apples.

ETA: I just cut a bar in half to try ( will give the other half to my sis-in-law coz she's my 'official' tester) and it's lovely! Good bubbles - i did the 10% CO and 5 % castor version. Hard as rock and no evidence of slime. : )

Last edited:
I love Zany's no-slime Castile! Thanks again, Zany. This was my second time using the no-slime recipe. I made a small batch with 500 g of oil, 80% OO, 15% CO and 5% castor. (I know, this is a tiny bit higher in CO than Zany's recipe, but since the olive oil was still so high, I thought the faux seawater still made sense.)

I made half the batch as Lemon Poppy Scrub - scented with lemon and litsea EOs - and half the batch scented with a lavender, orange, patchouli EO blend.

After a four week cure, the soap is wonderful with a clean, delicate lather. No slime!

Attachments

• 8th batch - Lemon poppy.jpg
    8th batch - Lemon poppy.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 8th batch - Orange, lavender, patchouli.jpg
    8th batch - Orange, lavender, patchouli.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 17
I love Zany's no-slime Castile! Thanks again, Zany. This was my second time using the no-slime recipe. I made a small batch with 500 g of oil, 80% OO, 15% CO and 5% castor. (I know, this is a tiny bit higher in CO than Zany's recipe, but since the olive oil was still so high, I thought the faux seawater still made sense.)

I made half the batch as Lemon Poppy Scrub - scented with lemon and litsea EOs - and half the batch scented with a lavender, orange, patchouli EO blend.

After a four week cure, the soap is wonderful with a clean, delicate lather. No slime!
That looks great! You might want to post it on @Zany_in_CO 's thread so she sees it - but I've just tagged her here.

'cept I used real seawater instead of faux.;)
Scented with lemongrass EO.
View attachment 39976 View attachment 39977 View attachment 39978 View attachment 39979

As always, your soaps are an inspiration! I’m sold on the Winnie the Pooh mold, too :). Those soaps are sooo cute. Both of my nephews have toddlers and one of them has another one on the way. I’ve been so focused on getting the pink just right for the nieces that I hadn’t even thought about soap for the little ones.

Sounds lovely, where is the no slime formula? I made castile soap two months ago with a good organic Olive oil. I went to check on it yesterday and it had DOS! I guess I won't be buying that brand of olive oil again.

Can you use regular tap water for the faux sea water or does it need to be filtered mineral water or distilled water for definite ? Distilled water is expensive so making a quart ( About 946ml )is a lot .

Also can the recipe be used HP and also work with the addition of shae butter ?

Thanks ♥️

Last edited:
Sounds lovely, where is the no slime formula? I made castile soap two months ago with a good organic Olive oil. I went to check on it yesterday and it had DOS! I guess I won't be buying that brand of olive oil again.
You can use the least expensive olive oil (OO) you can find for making soap and save the special OO for your salads. Two months is really quick to develop DOS, so be sure to check the expiration date on any oil you buy. You can also do a sniff test to make sure it doesn’t smell like it’s getting rancid.

Back