Yuzu/Orange and Black/Chai Tea

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are the soaps I made yesterday.
The black tea is my 1st attempt at a peacock swirl which isn't exactly a peacock swirl but overall ok.The tops got a little mottled from FO coming through. It is the first time using anything other than a log mold also and was not sure how to cut these so they are way to big and chunky for my tastes. I will try that mold again though, just need to learn the best way to cut them.
I have not had any time to soap lately until yesterday so this was super fun.

IMG_0420_zps081b5d0d.jpg
IMG_0423_zpsf95f4ba2.jpg

The black gray and white soaps are really cool! The FO effect just adds to the uniqueness. So what happened? Are you saying the FO seeped out through the top?

The black gray and white soaps are really cool! The FO effect just adds to the uniqueness. So what happened? Are you saying the FO seeped out through the top?

Yes the FO seeped out in a few spots on the top. It seeped back in but left the mottled look. Maybe it got a little hot? Not sure.
Thank you everyone for the nice comments!

Wow! That's some awesome looking soap! :clap:

Re: the chunkiness of the bars- they'd fit in just fine around my household. :) If it were me, and I wanted them to be less chunky, though, I would continue cutting them in the same way as your picture shows (you want to show off that lovely swirly part!), but I'd make the batch slightly smaller in size so that the soap's batter level doesn't reach up as high in my slab mold. That will make the finished bars thinner/less chunky in thickness.

IrishLass :)

Back