You know you're a crazy soap person when...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you hoard salt soap scraps for travel.

When you've learned to modify paper cups or oceanographic equipment to hold and store said soap scraps while traveling.

When there is a string of plumbers, chiropractors, Coast Guard officers and Russian sailors in possession of your soaps (I need the space)

When you get all peeved off when you discover that the 30 oz jar of coconut oil that you got on sale in fact has only 28.2 oz of oil in it.

When you have deep and meaningful video conferences on Skype with your friend in China, about soap...

When you hoard salt soap scraps for travel.

When you've learned to modify paper cups or oceanographic equipment to hold and store said soap scraps while traveling.

When there is a string of plumbers, chiropractors, Coast Guard officers and Russian sailors in possession of your soaps (I need the space)

When you get all peeved off when you discover that the 30 oz jar of coconut oil that you got on sale in fact has only 28.2 oz of oil in it.

When you have deep and meaningful video conferences on Skype with your friend in China, about soap...

Dollar Tree has these lovely 4.5 oz latching plastic boxes with actual gaskets that are perfect for travelling with soap.
(Everything is viewed as an additive to, a mold for, or a receptacle for soap.)

You know you're a crazy soap person when you have a file on your computer labeled "Soap ****", and you're worried the computer guy you hired to clean up the computer will see it and think you're some kind of pervert, but decide to leave it there because there's no way you're going to delete any of those beautiful soap pics. Yep, that's me, senior citizen soap pervert and proud of it!!!

Oh no, I see the word got starred out and now you're probably imagining all kinds of weird things that it could be. LOL Maybe I can get it through this way.....it starts with a "p" has an "or" in the middle and ends with an "n". For those of you new to the soapmaiking world, many soapmakers enjoy looking at pictures of beautiful soaps, also known as "soap" and then the "p" word.

Last edited:
when you're pouring soap in the mold, and somehow get a bit of batter on your arm. your choices are (1) to pause on the pour, take off your gloves, and clean yourself up; or (2) keep going - you chose 2 every time. what's a little chemical burn?? skin grows back, but soap can only be poured once!

...When you told yourself that you would do housework today and NOT make soap, and NOT go on soap forum or youtube or soap calc, because you made soap all last week but here you are, reading every post on this thread and laughing out loud because you can relate to EVERY one!

...when you are eating a fruit or veggie and start thinking up soap recipes to incorporate it into...

...when you "cut off" a friend (ie won't give them anymore soap) because they said it's too pretty to use, so it just sits there, while they wash with commercial soap! They can have more when they use it and report back!

...when you 'visit' your soaps that are curing...

...you dream of soap. When you literally have a dream about soap.

haha, yes! I totally dream of making soap. The other day I had a dream my husband was stirring soap batter around in the kitchen sink. I saw that and was like "what are you doing?! it's going to take forever stirring it with a spoon, you need a stick blender....and how the heck were you going to be getting that soap into a mold?!?" D:

When you're reading an article about how to get perfectly peelable hard boiled eggs and the egg yolks keep reminding you of partial gel :)
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1400080886.298579.jpg

Back