You know you are a soapmaker when...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapsydaisy

Reaction score
Hi, I thought this would be a fun post, I used the search to see if it had been done before but couldn't find anything.

You know you are a soapmaker when:
-Everything in your kitchen is oily.
-There is more soap than food inside your house.

Please add some more :)

You almost pour olive oil into your toddler's bed time bottle instead of milk. (blush, it was only almost!)

You roam the aisles at the grocery store, wondering "can that container be made into a mold" or, "I wonder if that food item would be any good for use in soap?" etc...

When one of your twins asking "what for dinner?" and secod replying "soap"

You reach for the bottle sitting next to your skillet to put oil in the skillet and you just barely realize its a bottle of fragrance oil :lol:

Yvonne, luckily, my twins aren't old enough to realize what soap is or I'd probably be hearing that as well :lol:

VanessaP said:
You reach for the bottle sitting next to your skillet to put oil in the skillet and you just barely realize its a bottle of fragrance oil :lol:

Yvonne, luckily, my twins aren't old enough to realize what soap is or I'd probably be hearing that as well :lol:
Just wait :D Mine are almost 8 year old and both very supportive in mommy's crazinest

Oh, i got another one: when you are going to bakery and thinking "wow, that a nice soap, i have to try to make something like that"

When you spend $100 on spices at the health store and don't plan on using any of them for cooking.

When you have the best smelling house on the block, neighborhood even.

I could insert cooler because that is where I gel my soap and now my cooler smells lovely!

sudbubblez said:
Youre stirring gravy on the stove and wondering when it will reach trace.

Exactly! :)

You know when you're a soaper when you've just baked cookies but have no rack to cool them on in spite of owning a slew of stackable cookie cooling racks, all because every single one of them is being used to cure soap. :lol:

When your husband ask you "are we really that dirty that we need all this soap?"

...when you spend a beautiful weekend on a beach for your best friend's wedding, and all you are thinking about is, "I wonder if I could make soap out of that..."

You see someone buying olive oil in the grocery store and automatically think, "I wonder what kind of soap they're making."

when DH states the soap lab (kitchen devoted to soap making) he made you in the garage smells like a "French whore house" (please don't take offense - he's a sailor) and you think it's a compliment....

soapsydaisy said:
When you spend $100 on spices at the health store and don't plan on using any of them for cooking.

OMG, spice store! I never thought of that one! I must find one now. :D

French Whore house, he he he

Back