Yikes - FO misbehaving

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried out a new FO from WSP: Tonka Bean Noir. It's leaking out of last night's soap.

I actually combined this one with my oils since I was going to try for a peacock swirl and wanted to make sure I had it incorporated. All seemed fine while soaping. No acceleration, no overheating last night (I watch over my goat milk soaps). Everything seemed totally normal this morning. The recipe and process is identical to several other batches I've made other than this FO.

I just checked my bars. They are hard but every surface is slick with FO. No zap in sight... just FO. I'm going to leave them and hope that it reabsorbs. Sigh.

Last Night (don't judge: I was trying to freehand my first peacock swirl LOL):

IMG_0098_zpse1aaeaa8.jpg

Right Now (you can actually see the yellow tinge the FO is leaving over the white):

IMG_00991_zps93a2b515.jpg

IMG_01011_zpsb7dc4209.jpg

Beautiful swirls, and Im with the others..hopefully it will reabsorb.

Beautiful! I think they will be fine. Thanks for the heads up about Tonka Bean Noir! How does it smell once it hits the batter? I loved the description, but the fragrance is a bit light OOB.

I have the same issue with their Drakkar Noir, and Beach House FO. But it reabsorbs everytime.

I think the swirls are beautiful!

Beautiful! I think they will be fine. Thanks for the heads up about Tonka Bean Noir! How does it smell once it hits the batter? I loved the description, but the fragrance is a bit light OOB.

It smells pretty much the same OOB. I think it is a little more powdery - but the change very slight.

Back