WSSP Flash Sale 2/20

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my order last night, all safe and sound. The only thing weird is that the Mocha Coffee FO that came has some crystals inside. Almost like it would look if it was partially frozen and getting slushy. I gave it until today. Its still that way. Hmmm.....I think I will email them and ask whats up with that. This is the first time I have tried this kind so I don't know if this is just something that happens with this FO.

I let Superman open the box. He said he never gets anything. So I asked if he wanted me to order him something off the internet and he said, "No, I can just open this, I paid for it anyway" Hahaha! YUP!

Well, they said it was because it has been in cold weather and the vanilla in it crystalized. I will try warming it gently in a warm water bath. Interesting.

Last edited:
I'm glad you got you package and your hubby had fun with it but I would ask for a replacement on your Fragrence. You did pay for it. :). My package is out for delivery and will be here today woo!

My package just went from pending to shipped! So, I have a few days to wait still, but it is at least on its way. :) My package from ED is due on Thursday and I am getting a package today from Amazon and another one tomorrow. So, once things arrive from WSP, I will be ready!

Would you believe me if I told you I haven't opened my box yet and I got it Friday evening? I have been really busy and haven't even soaped! Today was a no good, very bad day and all I want to do is take a bubble bath with lavender bath salts! Lol

Ah, sorry you have had such a bad day, Liz. I hope things are better for you soon. I was out a lot this afternoon, we had to take the dog to the vet and get groceries, and the vet visit was kind of pricy, so I am out of money at least for the next week. I did manage to pick up OO at the grocery store though and it was on sale :) They had 101 ounce containers for $10 each, so I grabbed two.

Ah, sorry you have had such a bad day, Liz. I hope things are better for you soon. I was out a lot this afternoon, we had to take the dog to the vet and get groceries, and the vet visit was kind of pricy, so I am out of money at least for the next week. I did manage to pick up OO at the grocery store though and it was on sale :) They had 101 ounce containers for $10 each, so I grabbed two.
You are such a sweetheart Badger! I am sending you warm happy soaping internet hugs :) I can't wait to see your soaps!

My package just went from pending to shipped! So, I have a few days to wait still, but it is at least on its way. :) My package from ED is due on Thursday and I am getting a package today from Amazon and another one tomorrow. So, once things arrive from WSP, I will be ready!

"Is it there yet?"
"Is it there yet?"
"Is it there yet?"

/wait...

"Is it there yet?"
"Is it there yet?"
"Is it there yet?"

(Repeatedly Repeat)

P.S. Which chain had 101 oz for $10??

Market Basket had the OO for $10 (Market Basket is part of Demoulas chain if that helps). As for the packages, I am still waiting for the package today from Amazon with my stick blender. The packages from WSP and ED are both due tomorrow :) And I don't have prior plans for tomorrow evening, so it looks like I get to make soap tomorrow!! I might be able to do another batch on Friday, and then I will be gone all weekend.

Aaaaw. I hope your days improve Liz! Excited for you Badger, only days away now. :). I'm going to do a supply haul video this week. It in the meantime I have two new videos up on my blog if anyone wants to look. One of them is a soap review.

I'm glad you got you package and your hubby had fun with it but I would ask for a replacement on your Fragrence. You did pay for it. :). My package is out for delivery and will be here today woo!

The FO did not arrive broken, mislabeled or anything like that. WSP cannot control the weather patterns. Lots of FOs (and EOs) will partially crystallize when exposed to low/freezing temps. FOs with a higher vanilla content will do it more often/crystallize more.

The Coffee Mocha FO has a 16% vanilla content. With the cold weather around the nation right now, I'm not surprised it crystallized up. Definitely just try the warm water bath and it should be just fine.

The FO did not arrive broken, mislabeled or anything like that. WSP cannot control the weather patterns. Lots of FOs (and EOs) will partially crystallize when exposed to low/freezing temps. FOs with a higher vanilla content will do it more often/crystallize more.

The Coffee Mocha FO has a 16% vanilla content. With the cold weather around the nation right now, I'm not surprised it crystallized up. Definitely just try the warm water bath and it should be just fine.

16%! No wonder lol. Will the bath melt th crystals without affecting the water content?

Yes, the warm water bath will warm the jar and therefore warm up the fragrance oil. When warmed, the crystals should dissolve just fine. No, as long as the lid is tightly closed, no water should get into the fragrance oil.

That Mocha Coffee FO is just fine. My plans changed and I wasn't able to soap with it right away anyway. So I swirled the bottle a couple of times a day and the crystals gradually dissolved. Although I am sure a warm water bath would have worked it was not necessary. It is now perfectly crystal clear.

..... I don't have prior plans for tomorrow evening, so it looks like I get to make soap tomorrow!! I might be able to do another batch on Friday, and then I will be gone all weekend.

Remember the SMF rules:

Pictures or it didn't happen! :mrgreen:

Aaaaw. I hope your days improve Liz! Excited for you Badger, only days away now. :). I'm going to do a supply haul video this week. It in the meantime I have two new videos up on my blog if anyone wants to look. One of them is a soap review.

Things have improved, a LOT this week. I finally opened my box and everything was there. I am probably taking this weekend off from soaping :Kitten Love: though...I have so much that I need to make labels for and wrap for storage for gifts!!

Back