WSP Sale

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's hard to say no to $39...but I don't know if I can use 50lbs in a year! I'm so conflicted...I currently use lard and crisco in my soaps and could replace them both with the palm, but I'm not sure I could go through so much.

While not the best price for ME on the Palm, but my shipper is out till Mid Oct.

?.... anyone know how long it will take to get it shipped ? There is a disclosure that says 1-15 days due to them not having bulk sizes kept in stock.

"Lead-Times
To keep prices as low as possible, we do not stock WSP Bulk inventory. All bulk sizes have an advertised lead-time. Lead-times vary by manufacturer and can change with little notice throughout the year (based manufacturing schedules). If our regular stock is in an “overstock” situation, we will pull from our stock inventory and ship the order."

When I ordered it said it was in stock. So not sure. I'm in no hurry anyway. I think that's a great price. It's cheaper than Soaper's Choice. If you're getting it for less that's awesome.

The shortening is hydrogenated. Hydrogenation is a process in which a liquid unsaturated fat is turned into a solid fat by adding hydrogen.

I'm eager to hear the answer to that question as well; WSP's website (questions section) gave conflicting information - one said use the saponification rate for regular palm oil, but there another note said to use a different saponification rate - which they gave.

Hmm....I just went to their site to copy and paste that info here, but can't find the conflicting info. Maybe it's been corrected?

Right now, WSP?s consensus is that palm shortening and palm oil have the same sap value.

I can get palm shortening at Smart and Final as well, so decided to NOT order from WSP (whenever they have a sale, I'm always one of the very last to receive my order even if I order 10 minutes after the sale starts)

@OldHippie Sorry, I'm soooo new... So, once it's melted, do you use it in the same quantity as palm oil?

Ack, sorry. I didn't pay attention to this very well.

Yes, you use the same quantity as palm oil, no matter whether it's melted or not because what matters is the weight of the oil.

I thought you were asking about the SAP value when I saw this earlier.

You're new - you should be asking questions! And five years from now if there's something you don't understand - you should still be asking questions!

I grabbed a box of the palm oil, which I recently ordered already so now I've got over 100lbs of it. I should be good for a bit now! Haven't jumped on the pumpkin fragrances though.

What I purchase is actually not hydrogenated it is pure homogenized palm, so I do not have to stir it and the sap for palm works fine
All shortening is homogenized, but homogenizing palm does not make it shortening.

Back