• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ingredients For Sale Emulsifying Wax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

I bought a 5 lb. bag of Soft & Silky emulsifying wax from WSP in U.S. $. https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/emulsifying-wax-soft-silky.aspx
It has been kept airtight in a cool basement. Bought this year. It has a lovely feel but I like to fill my bottles with warm lotion directly after emulsification at 115 degrees.
This needs to cool longer before filling. I have 3 lbs. left. Willing to sell half price for CA $35 + shipping. Shipping would be in a flat rate box. Only in Canada.

Attachments

• 20231026_104415.jpg
    20231026_104415.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
I just have a couple of questions for you. Why can't you bottle before completely cooling off your lotion? Of course, your preservative determines what temp you can add in your preservative some you have to cool down to lower temps such as Optiphen. Also, what happens when you bottle this right after making and preserving your lotion? My last question would be how long you have tested this emulsifier. One last question did you use it alone or with a co-emulsifier? Sorry more than a couple of questions.

These questions come to mind because I tested and used this emulsifier in several of my lotions. In my use of this emulsifier which I do like the feel and texture of lotions made with it, I found the key was to use a Co-emulsifier or at the very least use it with Stearic Acid or it would tend to break after sitting for a while. Sorry, I have not gone back through my myriad of notes to find out how soon it would break. I can understand the ease of pouring into bottles right after making lotions but using frosting piping bags also works well. I would make my lotion in 2.5-5 gallon batches at a time so filling hot was usually out of the question except when I was running small batch testing. I have filled bottles with this emulsion and my dual preservative system right adding my lowest temp tolerant preservative which is around 120º F with no issues and also had my lotions heat up and thin out in summer markets with no issues or separation. I would buy it from you but I am in the US

I have to wait for it to cool to 120 before adding preservative. I have used it alone and also 50/50 with emulsifying wax NF. It still stays thin with the blend until cooler...more waiting. I do use frosting bags to fill bottles but if it's too thin (warm) it runs out too quickly...more chance of messes. Thank you for your response.

Latest posts

Back