Would this work? Mold liner

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half Caper Farm

Reaction score
Our neighbours moved out a couple of weeks ago and I inherited many sheets of Coroplast corrugated plastic. Most of it will end up under the rabbit cages, but the smaller pieces aren't big enough.

I was thinking the other night that they might be really good for lining molds - if I cut them to size and taped them together like some people have done with silicone sheets?

Otherwise, they will make good backing for framed pictures. :D We don't waste nuttin' around the farm! :lol:

Some people on here have used them for liners, I have some but haven't tried that yet because it will make my mould size smaller and hence the soap smaller.

Ive found a few things that might be work well as liners but have been hesitant to use them b/c im afraid of what might melt/erode/etc into the soaps.

ive been using 5 gallon buckets to mix my buckets and lye in, and the lye strips most of them. i did a test dot on a orange home depot brand bucket and when i wiped it off there was orange on the soap. im guessing that happens w/ most of the bucket people just dont realize it b/c they use white buckets and you dont see it unless you use a dark paper to wipe a test spot. so if it happens w/ the buckets, im guessing it similar plastic w/ the flex cutting boards and other sheet plastic not made for heat and chemicals.

i dont know, any thoughts?

I actually use them and they do make the mold smaller but so neat and the soap doesn't stick at all.

I cut mine in one piece for the bottom and sides and then use a square blank for each end. I will try and post pictures when I get home tonight to show you how they look in the mold.

Latest posts

Back