Woohoo! Newbie milestone!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltwater Scented

Reaction score
Tried a new recipe tonight, nothing extravagant. OO, Castor, Shea, Coconut with a 10%SF due to a high coconut %.

I wanted to do an apricot/peach because I love fruity scents. Always have. Read the review we have here in the FO review sheet. It says to keep it simple. No problem, I'll just do a split and a single layer kind of orangy in color and a pink/orange second layer cap.

Put in the FO to the oil and lye mixture, hit it with 3 or 4 pulses.

DOCTOR TO OPERATING ROOM 3 STAT!!!! WE HAVE AN EMERGENCY DOCTOR!

"Give it to me straight doc, is...is it going to make it?"

"I want you to be calm, that's important right now. I've got good news and bad news."

"Yes?"

"You completely seized the batter, it's overheating, and it's destined for the trash."

"I see...(sniffle, wipes nose, bottom lip quivers a bit, looks up to the light above to help blink the tears away)...but...but...there's good news?"

"Yeah, I kinda lied about the good news part."

Sent in my review to the spreadsheet, and went to check in on Bulk Apothecary's site. Yup, lots of reviews saying to not use it in cold process, same thing I had happen.

So there's a good lesson learned today about the beauty of soap, well not really on a stick, more like instantly molded to the bowl. Luckily I make all 3 pound total weight batches so no big loss and an inexpensive lesson. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to attend the last rights of this lump of fantastic smelling soap poo.

Do not throw it away. Cover the bowl and let it go into gel then quickly pour into your mold. It will look like hp but will be a good smelling soap. You can also put it into a crockpot and let it melt. Basically a rebatch.

Do not throw it away. Cover the bowl and let it go into gel then quickly pour into your mold. It will look like hp but will be a good smelling soap. You can also put it into a crockpot and let it melt. Basically a rebatch.

Well....Already donated to the dumpster. I didn't think it would be salvageable since it was a single hard lump. Did some hunting through the forum and found several alternative company's FO's in the same scent profile. I'll try it again sometime in the next few weeks.

Back