Wooden Mold Woes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganiggle

Reaction score
So, I had ordered that 3 pound wooden soap mold from soap-making-resource.com

A few days had gone by and I didn't get a shipping confirmation, so I emailed. I got an email back today saying that they don't ship to Canada!

It really sucks that the site let the order even go through, so now I'm waiting for a refund.

I was looking forward to that mold too. It looked so sweet and I spent like two hours picking it out. I only wish that I had found out sooner that they didn't ship to Canada. There was no information on the site or anything!

Anyways, just thought I'd post this in case any of you other Canadians on here were planning to order a mold from them.

Sorry to hear about that. It does seem odd that they'd process the order. Perhaps their shopping cart isn't very sophisticated.

One piece of advice from another newbie who bought a soap mold recently. Please get references! If you see one you like, ask around on the forums. And most importantly, if that soap mold maker runs/owns a forum, that is the worst place to ask for recommendations because most likely, that mold maker/forum owner won't allow criticisms on his/her message board.

Ask me how I know. :roll:

Just be careful. There some molds out there that SOUND really good but do not hold up under testing.

zeo

zeoplum said:
Sorry to hear about that. It does seem odd that they'd process the order. Perhaps their shopping cart isn't very sophisticated.

One piece of advice from another newbie who bought a soap mold recently. Please get references! If you see one you like, ask around on the forums. And most importantly, if that soap mold maker runs/owns a forum, that is the worst place to ask for recommendations because most likely, that mold maker/forum owner won't allow criticisms on his/her message board.

Ask me how I know. :roll:

Just be careful. There some molds out there that SOUND really good but do not hold up under testing.

zeo

Thanks for the tip! Before I placed the order, I did post here asking about them but nobody had used them. The price was right so I figured that I would be the guinea pig. They did look really good! Built in soap cutter and it had a lid and everything. Boo-urns!

I'll have to find somewhere else.

That sucks Ganiggle! I ended up ordering my 1 lb mold from a seller on Etsy. It was actually a little crooked so I had to drill new holes for the bolts and put them in straight myself. Defeats the purpose, but I didn't notice it till many batches later. I kept thinking "Why on earth can I not make a single straight cut???" Now I like it. Anyway....good luck on your search.

That really bites , makes me crazy when they don't specify if they only ship to the US . Did you goggle reviews for the mold you are looking at now? There may be some out there .

HTH

Kitn

Kitn said:
That really bites , makes me crazy when they don't specify if they only ship to the US . Did you goggle reviews for the mold you are looking at now? There may be some out there .

HTH

Kitn

Ooh I hadn't thought about Googling the mold reviews. I'll do that in a bit, I'm just finishing up my work.

Kitn said:
Let us know what you find out ganiggle , I am curious.

Kitn

I couldn't find any reviews on the wolf creek ones anywhere! They do, however, ship to Canada, which is a plus! lol. I'm waiting to hear back from them about how much it would cost to ship them.

That sucks, Niggs...
You could save some money and make one. It's pretty easy if you aren't looking for fancy silicone liners etc. I agree with the others - I'd stick to the companies that are getting good reviews from other soapmakers. Lots of people have been having problems with molds.

Ganiggle said:
So, I had ordered that 3 pound wooden soap mold from soap-making-resource.com

A few days had gone by and I didn't get a shipping confirmation, so I emailed. I got an email back today saying that they don't ship to Canada!

It really sucks that the site let the order even go through, so now I'm waiting for a refund.

I was looking forward to that mold too. It looked so sweet and I spent like two hours picking it out. I only wish that I had found out sooner that they didn't ship to Canada. There was no information on the site or anything!

Anyways, just thought I'd post this in case any of you other Canadians on here were planning to order a mold from them.

SNAAAP!

I've been there, ordered a mould, PAID, got super excited only to later receive an email saying sorry we don't usually ship to the UK. I had to ask for a refund which took a whole 24 hours to get back. Silly silly.

Anyways, my grandad is making me one now :)

You guys! The original 3 pound mold that I had ordered is being shipped to me after all! The owner felt bad that his site didn't really specify anything about shipping, so he is shipping it to me for the original cost!

I'm so excited! Woohoo!

Ganiggle said:
You guys! The original 3 pound mold that I had ordered is being shipped to me after all! The owner felt bad that his site didn't really specify anything about shipping, so he is shipping it to me for the original cost!

I'm so excited! Woohoo!

Now THAT is customer service. Good on 'em!

LJA said:
Ganiggle said:

I'm so excited! Woohoo!

Now THAT is customer service. Good on 'em!

I know right? He's sending it to me even though he won't be making a profit from it. In my eyes it's a smart business decision. Even though he isn't making a profit off of my order, if the mold is good quality and everything, I'll be way more likely to recommend them to others on forums and things like that, and we all know that word of mouth advertising is the most effective of all :)

That really is wonderful customer service. I'm so happy it worked out for you.

O.K. guinea pig, let me know what you think about the mold before I consider ordering it! :lol:

Jude

heyjude said:
That really is wonderful customer service. I'm so happy it worked out for you.

O.K. guinea pig, let me know what you think about the mold before I consider ordering it! :lol:

Jude

I definitely will! I'll probably post a review on here after I've used it a couple time :)

Kitn said:
Wow that is awesome news .I am very impressed with that mold seller .

Kitn

Me too! Here I was thinking I'd have to spend another few hours looking for somewhere to order, and then BAM... problem solved :)

So have you used that mold? I stumbled on his site and I liked the prices I saw!

Latest posts

Back