wind and markets

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also had someone else's canopy come down on mine, first time I used it ... one of the legs of their canopy came right through the top of mine. :( You may as well figure around here that if someone doesn't weight their canopy properly, they'll be flying away. You can't leave anything lightweight on your tables either - bye bye! lol

@amd how far in do your stakes go and what kind of Soil do you have ??
Stakes are a good 8-12" long. We double stake, but I don't think all tents have the option to do that. The new tent that I got this year has two posts with two stake holes and the other two posts only have one, so I suspect that it varies. The old tent we were using had two stake holes in each post. You're asking the wrong girl about soil... it's black and stuff grows in it lol. :)

If my market was in an area subject to high winds I would be in big trouble. My husband has some real issues with carrying around weights and has always created an argument between us. Until my canvas wrap around 25# sandbags wore out I used one on each leg. They were easy to carry and wrap around each leg. At one market I do we are able to tie to a fence on one side and a short statue on the other side. My weekly market fortunately has a palm tree on each side of my booth. Yeah, no fighting over weights. If Santa Ana winds are predicted I either stay home or put my 2.5-gallon pea gravel filled buckets in the truck.

Lol @amd ok, where did you get the stakes or did that lovely hubby of your make them. Any comping tent place I ever been to just has 5 inch long cheap ones.

i like that mine has two holes in each pole so I can pound one in one direction and the other one in the other direction--I think this makes it hold better. unfortunately I only have had a few times where I could use the pegs

Back