Whoops!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm...my father in law made my wooden molds for me, so I would need to measure to see if any of those would work. If I were smart, I would take inside measurements of my mold and create a cardboard template that I could trace onto my freezer paper and cut up several pieces at a time to just tape in there...I should probably write that idea down where I will remember it.

I eyeballed it. Split the "batter" in half. Half was left uncolored and the other I used a heaping tablespoon of Moroccan Red clay and the last of the indigo powder my guardian soap angel sent me...probably a teaspoon?

Thanks for sharing! Since I'm experimenting with colors I'm always curious of what makes what color. You can read about it but it's nice to see the actual results. I have the clay which I haven't tried yet. Don't have the indigo though.

I think your soap came out very well! I have made the mistake of forgetting to line my mold a couple times. Once I said to myself I would line it while the lye and oil was cooling and then forgot to do it. The second time I just plain forgot, I was so excited I was making soap I just forgot to line the mold :)

Thanks for sharing! Since I'm experimenting with colors I'm always curious of what makes what color. You can read about it but it's nice to see the actual results. I have the clay which I haven't tried yet. Don't have the indigo though.

Yep, I recently started experimenting with color myself! I've made lots of brown soaps from coffee/beer/tea, but I wanted to start making pretty soaps...one of these days!!! I ordered a few pigments from WSP when they had their colorant sale, and I got an email that they will be in tomorrow evening, so there might be more play time before the week is over! I start summer school on Monday, so I am probably going to have soaping withdrawals soon!

Yep, I recently started experimenting with color myself! I've made lots of brown soaps from coffee/beer/tea, but I wanted to start making pretty soaps...one of these days!!! I ordered a few pigments from WSP when they had their colorant sale, and I got an email that they will be in tomorrow evening, so there might be more play time before the week is over! I start summer school on Monday, so I am probably going to have soaping withdrawals soon!

Which ones did you get from WSP? I got the sample of pigments when they were just on sale. I've tried the matte brown and yellow so far. Didn't look that dark when I added them at trace and was worried if all my work of doing a ITP swirl was going to be worth it. But after gell both colors deepened and the swirls turned out really nice.

A whole summer of no soaping - yikes! Major withdrawls :sad:

Latest posts

Back