Where to cure my soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amme20

Reaction score
Hi i live in the UK and i am unsure where i can cure my soap. i have 2 rooms available -

Room 1... is my spare bedroom, which at times during the day is warm due to the central heating, i have got them on a bookshelf in a crate at the moment in this room.

Room 2- the loft, my loft is boarded, it also has no heating and due to it being autumn at the moment is cold, when you go up there you can also feel a draft as the wind blows through the air vents in the brick.

please help :)

mice love soap...if you have mice in your attic don't put them up there!! Mine are in the spare bedroom with the heater turned off or very low:)

I cure mime on open shelves in my spare bedroom lined with needlepoint plastic. They cure with no issue even in the winter with the heat going. I do keep the window covered to keep the sunlight out. Not that we get much this time of year. I also keep the ceiling fan going on low.

Last edited:
I cure mime on am open shelf in my spare bedroom. They cure with no issue even in the winter with the heat going. I do keep the window covered to keep the sunlight out. Not that we get much this time of year. I also keep the ceiling fan going on low.
I never thought of keeping the ceiling fan on. Good idea! Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back