Where do you buy palm oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I love using palm oil in my soaps but the only place I could find it was this little Lebanese grocery store and they sell it for like $10 a kg. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy it cheaper, especially in Sydney, or anywhere else in Australia.

Really? I'm boycotting! Too much hype! Plus Nicole Kidman's face looks like its made out of wax. They're hoping it to be the next crocodile dundee. Boost tourism to Australia.
Thanks for the link, I've wanted to buy stuff from that site before. I'm gonna make a wishlist for my birthday :p

While I'm on this, does anyone know where I can buy cheap cocoa butter? I went to an African hairdressers/beauty parlour and they had cosmetic grade stuff but it was sooo pricey. I would rather buy from a store - online store's shipping costs an arm and a leg.

occasionally dollar stores and drug stores carry 1-oz sticks but not often

cocobutter

don't laugh at me, but do you guys have walmarts? or something like that? if you ask the pharmicist, they can order it for you, or they may have it in stock with the sun tanning stuff.

Hi Christine
I think I read somewhere that "Frymasta" (sold in a 500gm block in the butter section of the supermarket) is Palm Oil
I read that on Nizzy's site, but if anyone else can clarify this?

I just had a look at the fry masta site. And I was excited because I've seen it in the butter/margarine isle at the supermarket.
The website lists the ingredients as: Vegetable oil, citric acid, antioxidant (319), antifoam (900).
I was told as well that stuff sold as "vegetable ghee" in indian/middle eastern grocery stores are palm oil too, but when I looked on the ingredients, the main ingredient was palm oil there was also a whole bunch of other random veggie oils.
And no, we don't have walmart here but we do have target, kmart and an aussie chain called Big W. I will try asking the pharmacy to order some cocoa butter in for me. We don't have such a big African population here.

Latest posts

Back