Whaziz yellow stuff???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MzMolly65

Reaction score
Any ideas? I mixed a 3lb batch of the salt brine soap with green and blue oxides to make ocean type swirls. It was quite thick when I poured it.

A bit of left over batter went into ice cube molds for mini bars. The yellow is only on the mini bars, none on the full sized rounds.

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3932.jpg

What was the last thing in the ice cube moulds? If it was someone else who asked this, I would suggest that the mould was not totally clean before the soap was added - the yellow is on places that are often hard to clean. But I would never suggest that you didn't clean the ice cube tray properly....................

What was the last thing in the ice cube moulds?

It's the first thing I thought too Gent but last things in were black and then natural/no colour and they didn't have any weird yellow on them or IN them.

In fact, I've never used any yellow until the Minions, which were done after the spotty batch and that yellow never went near the ice cube trays anyway.

Now I'm wondering if I splashed any EO, FO or lye when I was weighing and mixing. The molds were sitting close by ??? hhmmm ??

Stearic acid or bad batch of lye. This happened to me with some lye I got while at a farmers market type event. I just had to strain the lye because their was some sort of residue in the powder/crystals. After that no problems.

Survey says .............. FO ... *bleh, bleh, spitooie .. bleh*

ETA: the colours morphed .. they don't look near as pretty anymore. They're swamp green with dark green scribbles on them, it's weird. I'll take pics tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back