What's on your soap to do list?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya-m

Reaction score
As a very new soaper I have a ton of stuff I want to try but my top 3 are:

1. Use a milk of some sort
2. Use some natural colourants
3. CPOP one of my batches

What's on your list?

I really want to try cream soap but I need to get some KOH first. I also need to make some new molds so all my bars are the same size.

My to do list involves working on some gift sets with really attractive packaging that people will not be able to resist. I have lots of ideas, but not the money to accomplish them, so it takes a lot longer to figure out ways of doing things that will look the way I want them to look. There's an old factory down the street from me that's being renovated into an arts center, and they plan on including some retail space. I've dreamed about someone doing something with that factory building since I moved here, and I always thought it would be amazing to have a teeny, tiny little shop there. Even a kiosk. Don't know if that could ever happen, but I'm envisioning my gift sets there, and trying to figure out who would be walking through, and what they might be shopping for. My to do list involves a lot of daydreaming. :-D

I need to make more shampoo bars and I'd like another go at HP soap. My first soap was HP and I know now that I way overcooked it. I've settled on a couple of recipes that work for me so now I think I'm going to start playing with different additives too.

Last edited:
making monogram soap is on my to do list. gotta invest in quite a few stamps... A-Z... 26 bloody pieces!

Things to try

I have a huge list of things to try but because of family health issues I doubt if I'll be able to get to any of them for a a month or so. For now I have to be content reading about everyone else's projects.

Make embeds with my new berry, heart and small balls molds.

Try out several new CP soap recipes I've come up with.

Make body butter.

Make lip balm.

Make deodorant (have the push up containers but need to get some probiotic which is called for in the Wellness Mamma recipe a friend gave me.

June

Everything. ALL THE THINGS. I have a mens show coming up, valentines day, a perfume panties and chocolate store pop up, a new store wants my stuff. EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.

Continue to work on my CP recipe and want to try HP. There are a ton of swirls I want to work on...

On the B&B side: I want to build a better body butter and make regular lotion too. I'm still tweaking a bath bomb recipe after a ton of variations, but I *think* I'm getting closer. There are a bunch of other recipes to work on... facial moisturizers and cuticle creams and balms...

I really want to try cream soap but I need to get some KOH first.

I don't have that problem...accidentally ordered 12lbs of KOH the other week!

I want to do the cream soap, so I think since I have such an excess of KOH that'll definitely be on my "things to do this week" list

I want to tinker around with my shaving soap recipe too, I love it the way it is, but I can't resist the pull of "can I make it even better?" lol

Tonight's soapy experiment will be a black rice spa soap. One of my buddies gave me a 12 bar round silicone mold as a late Christmas present so I have to break it in! Just trying to figure out how I want to scent the spa soap and getting ready to print my recipe.

After that I'll probably attempt another batch of shaving soap. This time using 100% KOH instead of a KOH/NaOH mix. May have to wait until my BB order arrives so I can use the Tobacco & Bay Leaf FO in it.

Ooh there's so much to choose from:
1) cream soap, cream shaving soap
2) liquid soap
3) amazing wedding favours for my best friend (who I'm also a bridesmaid for)
4) 100percent CO soap with coconut milk
5) goats milk lotion
6) make or buy more moulds as I only have one!
7) this last one is just a dream - to attend a soap making conference in the USA as they don't seem to have one in the UK.

I'm working on soaps that look and smell like baked goods. I'm doing cupcakes this weekend, and I want to do cinnamon buns next weekend.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try a wine soap. I'm also going to get some beef fat to render into tallow, which I'm very excited about. I have shaving soap on my list, but, as I forgot to add KoH to my last order, I'm going to have to wait a little bit for that one.

My top 3 list are:

1.) 3 berries soap ( blueberry, raspberry and blackberry )
2.) fig soap ( using fig extract and puréed fig)
3.) tropical soap ( with red, green and blue in the pot swirl with the scent of coconut and almond FO )

Buy lard and coconut oil. I'm developing recipes this weekend with limited supplies, which in the past has made some pretty awesome soaps, but I really miss my lard.

Play with my new micas.

Blend some new fragrances.

And its done! Pine tar and neem soap and the beer soap. Tomorrow is whiskey soap. and tinctures. several tinctures. and liquid soap. and lotion. and perfume. and allllll the other things. okay. so maybe its be a couple of days work.

Thanks you guise! Thanks for the encouragement!

Back