What are your top 3 EO to use in soap?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Litsea Cubeba
Patchouli
Palmarosa
Litsea is on my list to try. I put the number in eocalc. Seems like a little goes a long way?

These are the ones I seem to use most often:
Litsea Cubeba
Orange
Fir Needle

Also:
Lavender
Cedar wood
Rosemary
Eucalyptus, in small amounts in blends
Have you blended litsea and fir needle together?

Orange, lavender and cedarwood. But I like to add blenders like anise for citrus, ho wood for cedarwood and other woody scents, its sweetness tempers the camphor note in a lot of woody EOs.
Thank you! How would you describe ho wood? Which orange do you use? 5, 10 fold or sweet?

Ho wood - at least the one I usually buy, I think there is more than one type - is a little woody, a little floral and a little sweet and a little (but less) camphorous, none of them overpowering. But enough of each that IMO it is a good blender with a lot of things.

I don't use EOs for soap because I like strongly scented soaps and EOs are too expensive for me to use enough of them. So I usually just buy regular orange EO for lotions/cream/other bath and body stuff. I don't need/bother with the folded variety, since it's not being used with lye I don't need it to be super strong.

ETA: duh, just realized you asked for recommendations for EOs *in soap* Just disregard everything I've said above :)

Last edited:
Ho wood - at least the one I usually buy, I think there is more than one type - is a little woody, a little floral and a little sweet and a little (but less) camphorous, none of them overpowering. But enough of each that IMO it is a good blender with a lot of things.

I don't use EOs for soap because I like strongly scented soaps and EOs are too expensive for me to use enough of them. So I usually just buy regular orange EO for lotions/cream/other bath and body stuff. I don't need/bother with the folded variety, since it's not being used with lye I don't need it to be super strong.

ETA: duh, just realized you asked for recommendations for EOs *in soap* Just disregard everything I've said above :)
Thank you!

Patchouli
Lavender
Cedarwood
*Peppermint

I know you only asked for three, but those are my top four.

Also, Zing’s blend above is ah-mazing!! As in, ‘can’t stop huffing this bar of soap’ amazing!
Thank you! I am going to try his blend for sure! I want an uplifting woodsy scent and that seems perfect. Perhaps I'll add Spearmint as well.

Do you blend anything with patchouli?

Latest posts

Back