whats in the soap pot this weekend????

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
I made mulberry yesterday, may make clean cotton or warm van sugar, or tuscan lace, or.... i dont know!
I decided on "fantasy"( ng), my mother in law loves this fo, so it should be ready for Christmas. I used some td, the first time, so that should make my soap not turn so brown? it looks nice and kinda yellow now.

I just made my first layered soap..........Pink on bottom, layer of cocoa powder and a creamy white top, scented with backwoods lovely cannabis rose scent............tis in the fridge as I type and now off to fill an order for four pillar candles.

Maybe Ocean scented blue salt bars if my new molds come if not will be next weekend for that one.

I'm going to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday as my new FOs are supposed to arrive Tue and I can't wait to play with them!! I'm going to try salt bars with Salty Sea Air FO, a batch of very conditioning bath soap with Lily of the valley FO and possibly another batch with Vanilla Lace or Yuzu.... or whichever other FO I feel the need to play with right away!

Lavender/Sweet Dreams 5 color ITP swirl. Didn't pour quite as thin as I thought it would, but think it will turn out good, unless I overdid with the color and then might have tye-die lather.

I just got through making Dragon's blood. Colored it with tomato puree.
It is in the oven, I am going to let this one gel. It is Coco Cabana tomorrow.
and probably salt bars.

I made my salt bars. They are nothing like anyone said. They didn't accelerate, they didn't harden up and demold quickly. They are still soft after 24 hours and sticking in my stupid Madeleine molds. The hearts demolded ok, but I lost a couple spots in corners. Still soft enough to just smooth it over with my fingers. Maybe tomorrow. However, since I made a batch already I guess I have to come up with a whole new idea for sunday night... maybe something with colors...

Ollieblue said:
Nothing - whahhhhhhhh!!!!
I am in the country helping to pooper-scoop alpaccas. For a whole week!!! I need soap! Please, help me!!!
:D :D :D

Now that's different! Up to yr elbows in it,I bet! :lol: The things we do eh? :wink:

I'm doing a trial Tiger Eyes batch,brown oxide swirl.Then maybe a BRV with UM swirls.My fave at the mo,love that one...

dust... :(

I think im going to have to break down and go to HD and get some of that draincleaner lye stuff everyones been talking bout...I just dont want to use it lol Id rather buy it certified but ...ohhhh well... Im gonna research the best one I can get though... til I find a source that isnt trying to charge me an arm and a leg, I want to pick it up, not have it shipped so we shall see :)

Cleaning out work area from totally unpleasant formulating exercises in futility (syndet shampoo bars). Then restocking. And finishing a web site thingy.

I just finished my 3rd batch and have one more to go. I made Spa Soap with Dead Sea Mud (scented with patchouli, black pepper and orange EOs), Chesapeake Gold (scented with Mayan Gold FO) and Lady Baltimore (scented with petitgrain, lavender and bergamot EOs and jasmine absolut). Not sure what my 4th batch will be. Either Lemon Stick (lemon and peppermint EOs) or lavender.

This is what I made this weekend. This is goatmilk, oatmeal, and honey with chunks of plain soybean/coconut. Due to time constraints and being at work, the chunk batch was about 38 hours old when I cut it up and it was hard (I usually cut at about 20-24 hours). I cut the finished batch when the goatmilk/oatmeal/honey was about 20 hours old (making the chunks about 58 hours old) and the hard chunks made it difficult to make my cuts as straight as they usually are. I think next time I will give the chunk batch about 12-16 hours (based on how it looks), then make the fill batch, then cut it at about 20 hours on the fill batch. I was still pleased with how it turned out, and my wife said some bars not looking perfect would not really matter as I was making it all for Christmas presents or stocking stuffers (about 25 pounds of it - 72 bars).

chunkedsoap.jpg

ycartf said:
This is what I made this weekend. This is goatmilk, oatmeal, and honey with chunks of plain soybean/coconut. Due to time constraints and being at work, the chunk batch was about 38 hours old when I cut it up and it was hard (I usually cut at about 20-24 hours). I cut the finished batch when the goatmilk/oatmeal/honey was about 20 hours old (making the chunks about 58 hours old) and the hard chunks made it difficult to make my cuts as straight as they usually are. I think next time I will give the chunk batch about 12-16 hours (based on how it looks), then make the fill batch, then cut it at about 20 hours on the fill batch. I was still pleased with how it turned out, and my wife said some bars not looking perfect would not really matter as I was making it all for Christmas presents or stocking stuffers (about 25 pounds of it - 72 bars).

chunkedsoap.jpg

Those look friggin awesome!!

Ok, so 2 batches in the same weekend, I can't imagine it!!

25-25-25 EVOO, Lard, CO
6.25 CB
18.75 Castor

7 ml grapefruit EO

At light trace I added the EO and Calendula Flowers
Then split it in 2
To one of them I added 1/4 tsp paprika, 1 tsp turmeric

SB both to a good medium trace then added the uncolored one to the new oval mold, after a couple minutes settling, I SB the colored one to medium trace and poured it straight down the center from as high as I could get without splashing a mess all over the place. I then pushed the handle of my plastic wooden spoon down into it and made the sign of the cross (for good measure) :D

There was no signs of acceleration. It seems to have congealed gently, and with the mold wrapped in towels, it is a bit warm to the hand, I don't think it will do any of the violent gelling I have experienced recently.

We'll see what happens when I demold tomorrow night. I am excited.. 2 in one weekend....!

Back