whats happen to my soy wax melts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovebeaniekids

Reaction score
hello everyone can someone help me this is the 2nd time i have made melts out of soy can you tell me why my melts look like this ?

:?
w17gio.jpg

How much fragrance did you add to the soy wax? Did you add any other ingredients to it?

Maybe it's too much fragrance???
How much are you using? I usually use at the most 1 oz FO per 8 oz soy wax mine look fine and have a great throw.

Good Luck

The oil is not for wax it apears its a soap oil only
I have seen this happen before was this the same oil as the first batch?

TheSoapyEwe said:
Maybe it's too much fragrance???
How much are you using? I usually use at the most 1 oz FO per 8 oz soy wax mine look fine and have a great throw.

Good Luck

Actually this is a lot of FO pp. I do not make soy tarts, but I do make parafin. Recommended use is 1 - 1.5z pp. Perhaps you did not heat your wax hot enough and you also need to thoroughly stir the FO into the hot wax. Like for several minutes , so the FO binds with the wax. Also a heavy oil eg. vanillas, some bakery scents and others, you may need to cut back on FO load even more. Adding too much FO is just wasting a pricey product. Also by adding too much there may be smoking in the type of burner you are going to use them in. It is FO burning off causing the smoke.

Back