What to charge?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marghewitt

Reaction score
I got an order today for 100 lip balms of various flavors. They want me to put their company name, logo and phone number on them as they will be giving them away to their clients. I am getting $2 for each lip balm tube but don't know what to charge to creating a new label with their logo and phone number on them. Has anyone else ever done this and do you think $2 each is a good price? They will be ordering another 100 in a month. :)

Do you think $200 is enough for a 100 tube order? Or is it worth it to add on the cost of ink and paper? I would think about how much that is going to cost and tell the client you need to include it in your cost. Most people are reasonable about things like that.

Wow so $200 for 100 tubes and an additional $150 to create the label? That's great that you can charge that much. Hmmmm got me wondering now. I thought the $2 each was a fair price considering they would be ordering 200 tubes total. But I had no idea what to charge for creating a label with thier logo. I'll see if he will go for $100 setup. Thanks....

Do you think $200 is enough for a 100 tube order? Or is it worth it to add on the cost of ink and paper? I would think about how much that is going to cost and tell the client you need to include it in your cost. Most people are reasonable about things like that.

My cost including shrink wrap and paper I figure will be just about $35 for 100 tubes so $200 sounds good to me.

If you are making your own labels, it won't cost that much to print out labels like they want them. If you are guaranteed to sell 100 per month, I wouldn't charge extra. If you are having the labels done professionally, then charge them a one time charge for the set up.

Latest posts

Back