What Temperature?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yadonm

Reaction score
I'm curious. At what temperature do you normally soap at? I usually soap at room temperature which in the winter can be pretty cool.

When you soap at that temp. do you still have time for swirling? I tend to work at a slow pace (I get lost in a world of wonderful bubbles) and I worry if I'll have enough time.

RT soaper here. Simply coz i'm too lazy to heat up my oils. I live in the tropics, so all oils are liquid here. Soaping at cooler temp does give you more time for swirls and all that.

Sometimes I have to wear a jumper, but then as I get busier I can take it off and just wear a polo shirt.............oh, wait............

First was measured so regularly so both oils and lye were between 60 and 65 C when mixed. Next one was not really measured, just left oil and lye outside to cool off (Pine Tar, so wanted it cold as!) and the last was also just mixed slightly warm.

For HP it matters even less, apparently

I often put my lye in the fridge and cool it to the low 60's and my oils can be quite cold too because I soap in my basement. I've never had a problem. Does anyone know if there's an advantage to soaping colder/warmer?

Latest posts

Back