What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut my coffee soap. First time making my own recipe too

image.jpg

Retrieved my recipes from the closet,...put the soaps that I have done on the recipe and did a comparison of them....realized I'm out of olive oil so it's off to SAMs to pick some up. Loving my white soap batter and this time I'm adding just blue clay to it....still can't get a good blue color....

Any ideas on how to add it to make a nice medium blue???

I went and picked up a veg peeler at the dollar store, then went to town beveling the soap bars I made this year. :D First time doing any sort of clean-up work on my soaps. The only ones to escape my rampage are the remains of this year's first batch (destined for another batch of confetti soap), and the soap I made last night (still not ready to unmold & cut, much less anything else).

Used my first batch for the first time after an 8 week cure. Wow, I'm loving it!

Since I really liked it and I got an order of FO's from natures garden today, I had to make soap tonight with that recipe. OMH FO with local honey, powdered oats and milk is in the mold.

Made 2 batches. The first was an attempt at a Sonya swirl. I used too large of a water discount, so it set up alot faster than I wanted it to. We will see if rhe design survived in the morning. Scented with BB cedar and lavender FO and peppermint EO. It is a great combo, and one I will use again.

The second is a drip swirl with blue and white, scented with lemongrass EO and tea tree EO. This also smells divine. I don't usually like mounded tops, but this seemed to be calling for it.

1425782747699.jpg

1425782758177.jpg

Well, last night I started a bunch of cold infusions for future natural-colored soaps (and one of beet root in HO Sunflower oil for cosmetics)... This time I'm expanding my lineup. Got another set of alkanet/annatto/madder root going, but this time I added coffee, parsley, and calendula.

And then tonight I made my first oil masterbatch! :D I used an empty costco coconut oil container that had been cleared out, and did a 2kg master batch of my go-to lard recipe. It's not much, but it fills the container and it's about 3-4 soap batches for me. I'm almost out of another container of coconut oil, so when I am I can make a master of my go-to vegetarian recipe. Well, it'll be most of a master batch when I do it... Will be leaving out one oil that's best kept refrigerated (and that I'm planning on swapping out in some recipes anyways).

Thank you Sonya, those are perfect, just what I am looking for. Off to ebay I go.......

I just cut my trial laundry soap made with 90% light Olive oil and 10% castor oil. I used HP process and I cut the soap it's very hard to cut, it's like a rock very solid. Good lather without slimy feeling.

I spent my Sunday relabeling and then relabeling and then removing labels and relabeling. I'm never moving again, God willing!

Made the largest batch of soap I've ever attempted last night (7lbs of oil so right at 10lbs of uncured soap). It's for a friend's baby shower next month. Also my first time using witch hazel as part of the liquid.ImageUploadedBySoap Making1425925233.762882.jpg

I made 14- 5lb batches of soap. I hadn't made but two batches since October and it felt so good to get so much done in one day. I've needed to start stocking up for the upcoming market season and all my upcoming shows.

I made 14- 5lb batches of soap. I hadn't made but two batches since October and it felt so good to get so much done in one day. I've needed to start stocking up for the upcoming market season and all my upcoming shows.

I am jealous of getting to make that much soap. That would be a blast

I've made some carrot tissue oil to use as a colourant in the soap I intend to make tomorrow using the beef tallow I rendered.

I rendered some tallow and I accepted defeat and moved all my soapy stuff out of the kitchen and into my craft room. I fought the good fight, tried to keep as much of it in the kitchen as possible but when hubby said " I can't remodel the kitchen with all this soap stuff in it" I got the hint and moved it ALL today lol

Back