What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was planning on making a soap with a double butterfly swirl... Yeah, soap disagreed. The FO wasn't supposed to accelerate and I had a lot of OO... Oils were slightly warm and lyewater warmer, but were well within temps that many people soap at with no trouble. It still went 0-60 in no time flat! I couldn't get the colors fully stirred in before they got glopped in the mold, and tried to do SOME kind of hanger swirl, but it was so thick it ripped the straw off of my hanger! Had to carefully dig THAT out... Well, it's nice and cozy in towels now.

Bought some wooden slatted drawers because my soap collection is growing out of control. Made Beltane soaps for my Wiccan friends (BB's Grass Stain and Sunny Herb Garden) and LOST a batch of olive-scented soap which it took 40 minutes of frantically running around the house to find.

I made a 2 lb batch then split it four ways to finally use up a few sample fragrance oils I have had laying around.

Winter Gardenia, Moonlight Pomegrante, Lavender Cedar, and Drakkar, all from BB.

I'm making coconut oil soap called mountain high with a blue clay base and white piped textured top and scented with earth and wood and cedarwood essential oils. Will post pics of completed soap.

I made some 100% co soap to make clothes detergent. Even knowing it gets hot and sets up fast it shocked me. Got a big crack down the middle. Lol. It is cut now, 2 bars cut into stain sticks. I'll break out my food processor and grate it up and mix the borax and washing soda I a day or 2.

Bought half-crates for my soaps, which look fantastic. Re-organized all my EOs and FOs by type and put them on my crafting shelves in pretty boxes with a list on the outside (and stars beside whatever I'm low on). Noted the cure date for the soaps, put together a package for a friend's dad who refuses to use anything but my soaps, rewrapped and labeled MPs for local retailers and made bath tea for a special gift basket.
If only i had time enough to shower to use up all the soaps in my house. As it is, I'm a smelly, tired person swimming in cleansing products.

I am hopefully making Parma Violet soap today - if my FOs arrive

Edit: no soaping for me today as they haven't arrived

Last edited:
Today I made soap on a stick! Thanks Parma Violet FO!
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1426633275.269472.jpg

But I did also make this:

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1426633323.652716.jpg

Scented with apricot & honey with additional honey and oatmeal added at trace - no colour other than the honey.

I cut my "mountain high" soap ImageUploadedBySoap Making1426635157.767246.jpg

Will be making shampoo bars with activated charcoal in one and French green clay in another....just so I can tell them apart lol

After a trip to the beach, then cleaning house like crazy folks, tonight I hit the Soap shack! I made 5 cp batches. 1. Two greens, one is mica, Wasabi & Lime. 2. Romeo Ultramarine blue and td. 3. Tobacco, Cognac & Cubans, colored with stranger on a train and red iron oxide. 4. Fruiti Pebbles colored with red mica and blue mica, purple and yellow liquid colorant..went a little swirl crazy on the one end...5. Smoke & Mirrors in a beeswax soap, colored with td and steel work. Aaahhhhh, sign. :)

1426652016215.jpg

1426652029510.jpg

1426652045084.jpg

1426652059387.jpg

1426652069730.jpg

I'm learning about palm-free soaps and different additives (e.g. clays, botanicals, etc...). I'm also studying the soap calculator and the different properties of soap and what they bring to the table. I'm addicted to learning :)

Back