What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also didnt like the yogurt soap I made and that is another fave that folks use all the time. Im sure yours will be fine!!

What is yogurt soap?

Here is the cucumber mint soap (L) and the pumpkin oatmeal soap (R), I did add orange, clove, and cinnamon EOs after the cook and I'm hoping that in a few days the soap will not smell like oats.

Cucumber and Pumpkin Soap.jpg

do a soap with all MY favourite fragrances in together - patchouli, ylang ylang, bergamot, neroli, palmarosa.....

wow if you do this please let us know what it stinks (errrr smells) like. :) sorry I couldn't help myself--a lot of strong scents together but it might be good. one of my favorite scents is white tea and pear from Nuture

wow if you do this please let us know what it stinks (errrr smells) like. :) sorry I couldn't help myself--a lot of strong scents together but it might be good. one of my favorite scents is white tea and pear from Nuture
Years ago there was a shop here in NZ called 'Nectar' and they sold a lot of products kinda similar to the Body Shop. They had a perfume that was all of these together and I loved it! But then they closed down : (

I ended up doing a Coconut Milk confetti soap this morning - with a small layer of in-the-pot swirl ( not confetti) on the top. It's green - cos I haven't done a green coloured soap in a while. Fragrance is White Tea (mostly), Jasmine, and a little bit of litsea EO. It's in the oven CPOPping as we speak.

I just dunno what I want to do today. I have a lot of confetti to use up - thought about doing a coconut milk confetti soap with my new white tea fragrance. But then I made a bit of confetti out of the end pieces of my rainbow soap, and I think that would look pretty cool used sparingly in an all-white soap - maybe with my new blackcurrant tea FO? And then I have long wanted to do a soap with all MY favourite fragrances in together - patchouli, ylang ylang, bergamot, neroli, palmarosa.....
Oh, how to decide??
I think you should do them all. :) They all sound great!

Yesterday, instead of pouring my excess soap batter into individual molds, I simply put the lid on the containers and left them till today for cleanup. I normally clean up immediately, but yesterday I just could not deal. So today I wrapped up the soap dough that I accidentally made. :D

I managed to get 6 batches made today. 2 Nagy Dragon, 1 lemongrass/Litsea, Blackberry Ambrosia from Nurture (a new one I am trying) another new one from Wsp Amber & Incense and Big Sur from Soapalooza which is a long-time favorite. The Amber & Incense is a very interesting fragrance and I am really hoping it holds. It soaped really nice, and the Blackberry Ambrosia also soaped really nice and smells delish. Here is a pic of Amber & Incense going to bed
20191013_213857[1].jpg

I managed to get 6 batches made today. 2 Nagy Dragon, 1 lemongrass/Litsea, Blackberry Ambrosia from Nurture (a new one I am trying) another new one from Wsp Amber & Incense and Big Sur from Soapalooza which is a long-time favorite. The Amber & Incense is a very interesting fragrance and I am really hoping it holds. It soaped really nice, and the Blackberry Ambrosia also soaped really nice and smells delish. Here is a pic of Amber & Incense going to bed
View attachment 42037

Fantastic colours, I've done colours similar before :thumbs:.

Was planning on doing 2 batches this weekend....got one done yesterday (and unmolded today; earlier than usual) but not going to have time today....we weren't planning on having a big Thanksgiving dinner, but then friends invited us over. They're doing the turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, sweet potato casserole, and pumpkin pie. I'm doing roasted spaghetti and butternut squash (former with parmesan; latter with brown sugar and spices), coleslaw, roasted brussels sprouts, peach crisp and cherry-rhubarb pie. There's only 4 adults (and 5 boys between age 6 and 13), so we'll likely have a lot of food.
Guess I can make my 2nd batch later.

I think @Baqn and I must be psychically connected - we keep making similar coloured soaps!
I'm very happy with my new batch of confetti soap - used coconut milk in the base recipe , and especial grated up some white soap that I wasn't so keen on to get the colour mix right. Here's the cut pics as requested @Marilyn Norgart:
73A7863D-9BA3-4090-A2CD-6289AF45215D.jpeg 83E73A01-0ECD-4A07-ABB5-28A6EB55C66C.jpeg (It's greener in real life than my monitor shows - sort of an olive green)
And @penelopejane I was thinking of you when I did the top layer which was an ITP swirl - but by the time I got to it the dark green was rather thick and gluggy. I was worried it wouldn't swirl - but quite the opposite, I LOVE the effect, and am thinking to do a whole loaf with an ITP swirl at thick trace.

Nettle & Horsetail soap. Love that green color. After pouring it heated too much and I had to mask some little cracks ... :(

Love the intense green.

I think @Baqn and I must be psychically connected - we keep making similar coloured soaps!
I'm very happy with my new batch of confetti soap - used coconut milk in the base recipe , and especial grated up some white soap that I wasn't so keen on to get the colour mix right. Here's the cut pics as requested @Marilyn Norgart:
View attachment 42045 View attachment 42046 (It's greener in real life than my monitor shows - sort of an olive green)
And @penelopejane I was thinking of you when I did the top layer which was an ITP swirl - but by the time I got to it the dark green was rather thick and gluggy. I was worried it wouldn't swirl - but quite the opposite, I LOVE the effect, and am thinking to do a whole loaf with an ITP swirl at thick trace.
I love the color! Olive green, olive drab, whatever you want to call it - it's a favorite of mine.

@KiwiMoose maybe we are connected somehow :) here is autumn at your place is spring. I dream for green and you are inspired by green :)

Lovely confetti soap. Still not in my to do list. I have others ...

Years ago there was a shop here in NZ called 'Nectar' and they sold a lot of products kinda similar to the Body Shop. They had a perfume that was all of these together and I loved it! But then they closed down : (

I ended up doing a Coconut Milk confetti soap this morning - with a small layer of in-the-pot swirl ( not confetti) on the top. It's green - cos I haven't done a green coloured soap in a while. Fragrance is White Tea (mostly), Jasmine, and a little bit of litsea EO. It's in the oven CPOPping as we speak.
Yay! I was going to vote for confetti soap yesterday, but didn’t because I didn’t want to be disappointed :). I need confetti soap inspiration!

I just scrolled a little further and there’s the soap. It looks great and I like that layer on the top. A solid layer always seems to add a little something extra to a confetti soap.

View attachment 42037
Wow, that’s pretty. So you put it to bed in a plastic container. Do you just close it up, or does it get insulated, too? Curious newbie-ish types need to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for posting--I really like it :) it adds so much to confetti to have your top on it. how thick is thick (your ITP swirl. I always worry I went to thin but I think I would panic if it got thick on me :) )
Maybe like a thick ( but pourable) custard? Do y'all have custard on your apple crumble over there? Probably more of a British thing.

@Mobjack Bay - if it be inspiration ye be wantin' (pirate voice) I have made about 6 batches of confetti soap - only one of which was plain ( yawn) so i can send you some pics...

Sorry, I know @Relle is going to be noticing that I did not string my threads together :rolleyes:.

I made my first soy wax soap today. It seems to have gone perfectly at 20% Golden Wax 415 in a recipe that is high on soft oils. I also used RBO for the only the second time. Working at 115F always makes me nervous, but I had plenty of time to color the batter and then do the “in the mold” type pouring you see on Instagram :). The soap is scented with BB Lingonberry Spice and the colors are red and green for Christmas (that may get me off the hook with @Relle). Plus, I used a new linear swirl technique I learned for last month’s challenge for the top. Here’s my in the mold pic:

1FFD2F79-51B3-441D-A217-F89500B1C3DC.jpeg

Maybe like a thick ( but pourable) custard? Do y'all have custard on your apple crumble over there? Probably more of a British thing.

@Mobjack Bay - if it be inspiration ye be wantin' (pirate voice) I have made about 6 batches of confetti soap - only one of which was plain ( yawn) so i can send you some pics...
Yes please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I know @Relle is going to be noticing that I did not string my threads together :rolleyes:.

I made my first soy wax soap today. It seems to have gone perfectly at 20% Golden Wax 415 in a recipe that is high on soft oils. I also used RBO for the only the second time. Working at 115F always makes me nervous, but I had plenty of time to color the batter and then do the “in the mold” type pouring you see on Instagram :). The soap is scented with BB Lingonberry Spice and the colors are red and green for Christmas (that may get me off the hook with @Relle). Plus, I used a new linear swirl technique I learned for last month’s challenge for the top. Here’s my in the mold pic:

View attachment 42048
That top looks lovely! Lucky I saved you from a third post in succession by squeezing my one in there eh? ;)

ETA - but you pipped me at the post wiht that last one in there!

Nettle & Horsetail soap. Love that green color. After pouring it heated too much and I had to mask some little cracks ... :(
I love that green color too! If you haven't already done so, Baqn, and if it isn't too much trouble, could you please post this in the Photo Gallery Forum with details on how you got that color?

That top looks lovely! Lucky I saved you from a third post in succession by squeezing my one in there eh? ;)

ETA - but you pipped me at the post wiht that last one in there!
Okay, there’s enough other posts here now for me to pop back in. Thanks! For some reason I felt the need to mentally prepare for some kind of unexpected twist or turn with the soy wax, but it was basically uneventful. If I don’t end up with a bunch of steric spots, I’m going to up the soy wax to 30% for the next batch. Have you ever gone that high? I noticed that a contributor to your soy wax thread mentioned using 40% and Earlene uses 30%. I will also need to check for zap because I used lard as the stand in for the GW 415 in the calculator.

Back