What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i did see it for about that too from somewhere else. This was from a supplier that normally charge about £30 for 500ml bottles. I know theres differences in quality but everything iv got from this supplier has been awesome with everything iv bought from them and they seem better quality than more expensive smaller store bought eos so im sticking with them
Yes, keep them if you're lucky enough!
I've never smelled real sandalwood, but the FO from this same company is DEEE-VINE, so I might just lose it if I smelled the real thing anyway :)

Yes, keep them if you're lucky enough!
I've never smelled real sandalwood, but the FO from this same company is DEEE-VINE, so I might just lose it if I smelled the real thing anyway :)

Yeah am tempted to buy a sandlewood fragrance oil but cant find any that are just sandlewood closest iv found is black pepper and sandlewood but iv banned mysepf from buying any more fo or eo until i am close to totally running out.

Only soapy thing i did today was cut my mouturising face soap. Iv been at my folks house all day visiting my niece who i dont really see very often and now im house and dog sitting for a family friend for a few hours. Going to leave about 9.30-10pm but doubt ill feel like doing anything but going bed when i do get home. Planning on trying a new recipe tomorrow that i found on the soap calc last night made one small change to it

Youll be fine you have a pool im sure you can afford $9. I know im basing this on the uk but only millionaires have pools here ;). We also cant get things like cocoa butter from just a general shop here.
Lol! You’d think I could afford it. I’m retired and every $$ counts in my book unless I want to go back to work!

Uuurgh! Forgot to set the dishwasher on last night so I am waiting patiently (actually rather impatiently) for it to finish so I can get my soap making stuff out and start making some coconut milk soap in my new PVC pipe mould. Meanwhile, I have mixed my lye solution and it is cooling.....

Uuurgh! Forgot to set the dishwasher on last night so I am waiting patiently (actually rather impatiently) for it to finish so I can get my soap making stuff out and start making some coconut milk soap in my new PVC pipe mould. Meanwhile, I have mixed my lye solution and it is cooling.....

Now a PVC pipe? Ur a one-woman soaping machine! Just reading bout ur frenzied soaping makes me want to take a nap.

Last edited:
Hahahaha - banned yourself! Good luck with that!

Problem is i cant afford to buy more im not working at moment and am possibly going to have to pay a solicitor about £300 if i get the meeting with work i want he reckons he'll get me the payout im asking for but nothings garanteed. Iv got about 20 different eo and fo so i really dont need more yet. Iv got a bit more motivation to go home and make a soap but its dependant on getting some pain killers to sort this headache out first so might just go bed or wait for kitty cuddles. @KiwiMoose have you seen my curing shelves? im struggling to fill them lmao cant make soap fast enough. Better get myself motivated. If i dont soap tonight im going to get stuff ready and weighed out at least to do it tomorrow. Going to try this simple soap recipe for one loaf batch then thinking of getting some more swirls done so might make another 3 loafs tomorrow with swirls

Lol! You’d think I could afford it. I’m retired and every $$ counts in my book unless I want to go back to work!

That'll be me in about one year's time. :rolleyes: Hoping to find a cheaper town to live in and a decent part-time job then.

We're getting some PVC without the inside ridges today. I like round bars quite a lot, as it turns out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished washing soaping stuff by hand. Blah!:mad:

52AF4A9C-C1A2-40BE-82BD-E2C28DC31D44.jpeg
OMG!! My first soaping disaster! All is going well (and as per normal) until I added my EOs and FOs. First the ricing started. I had been warned that Gardenia fragrance could cause some ricing and 'slight' acceleration. Well - what an understatement! I managed to battle the ricing for the best part ( starting a separate thread 'bout that) but the soap started to gel right after i poured it. Next i look back after washing up a few bit and pieces ( say 5 minutes) and there's a crack in the top! So i take a pic and do some more washing up and then take another pic - maybe a volcano starting now? Wowsa! Rushed around trying to make space for it in the fridge - no it's too tall( pipe mould), and then the freezer - even less room in there, went outside but decided it was just as hot out there and if i found a shady spot under the trees the dogs would likely get at it, so i just left it on the kitchen bench in front of the window where there's a breeze.
I wonder what is awaiting inside? Those teeth things? Kind of exciting in a way. Shame about the waste of oils though.

Last edited:
So I’ve been soaping (and experimenting) for bout 11 mos. Finally ready to give some away. This is the orange bar that I wrapped for my friend. The flash pic shows how the color is visible thru the wax paper. I like the look of the wax paper but its a lot of work.
upload_2019-1-26_14-33-34.jpeg
upload_2019-1-26_14-36-13.jpeg

Last edited:
So I’ve been soaping (and experimenting) for bout 11 mos. Finall ready to give some away. This is the orange bar that I wrapped for my friend. The flash pic shows how the color is visible thru the wax paper. I like the look of the wax paper but its a lot of work.
View attachment 35473
View attachment 35474
These look beautiful Dean. The wrapping is elegantly understated. I'm sure your friends will love it.

I always hand wash them all and then put them in there to finish them off.

Oh yeah I do that but if i can be bothered ill give the stuff a rinse right away then chuck em in dishwasher. Otherwise they get thrown in the ginnel where cats cant get to them which seems to be a dumping ground for all the empty boxes people keep giving me i asked for shoe boxes thinking they would fit under my bed but apparently even they wont fit under the bed unless i raise the bed in some way. I find the jugs get greasy however much i scrub often ill just give them a wipe with paper towels because they are only going to get greasy again when i wiegh out more oils lol

So I’ve been soaping (and experimenting) for bout 11 mos. Finall ready to give some away. This is the orange bar that I wrapped for my friend. The flash pic shows how the color is visible thru the wax paper. I like the look of the wax paper but its a lot of work.
View attachment 35473
View attachment 35474

I know your in america and im not dean but what sort of wax paper do you use? Soy wax paper seems near enough impossible to find here i only knew soy wax paper was a thing after i bought paraffin wax paper. I like using wax paper to wrap my soaps and candles but would prefer to use soy wax paper

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 35473
View attachment 35474
I like it, Dean! As Kiwi said... elegantly understated.

Back