What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to do the dishes.... my soap pot needs to be cleaned out before using it for the next batch.

Thats why i bought like 20 jugs and 6 bowl and 3 buckets granted some are for the dirty dishes but it means that i dont have do the cleaning before i make another batch
It was an FO from WSP. A good EO is ridiculously expensive. I tried the cheapest EO from NDA, but it didn't smell right. The WSP one isn't bad, but still isn't real sandalwood like I experienced in India. Sigh. I need to go back. I'm craving the food.

Thats why i asked about if it was a fo or eo because of how expensive the eo of sandlewood i found the other day was i was gobsmacked. 500ml for like 80 quid. Think ill have a look at reviews ect for a fo in uk when iv run my supplies down im resisting temptation to buy more while i already have so many

I’m out of cocoa butter and I needed to get my contest entry started so I went to Dollar General and bought tubes/sticks of cocoa butter. While they seem daily priced at $1.65/each....I need 5 so it’s not so cheap now! Note to self - order cocoa butter tonight so you don’t need to pay $9 for one soap batch of cocoa butter! Yikes!!

I’m out of cocoa butter and I needed to get my contest entry started so I went to Dollar General and bought tubes/sticks of cocoa butter. While they seem daily priced at $1.65/each....I need 5 so it’s not so cheap now! Note to self - order cocoa butter tonight so you don’t need to pay $9 for one soap batch of cocoa butter! Yikes!!

Youll be fine you have a pool im sure you can afford $9. I know im basing this on the uk but only millionaires have pools here ;). We also cant get things like cocoa butter from just a general shop here.

Just found a public recipe on the forum soap calc so im going to make that tomorrow i might wiegh it all out tonight ready for just mixing tomorrow. My face soap has gelled nicely and is probably ready for unmolding already but waiting for morning so its completely cold and not likely to be soft at edges

Finished my second batch of soap today. The Pink Grapefruit soap is in the mold! First soap is the Java Jumpstart and the second is the Pink Grapefruit.

20190125_130910_HDR.jpg 20190125_152513_HDR.jpg

Welcome to my world - not cheap here.

Starting with this and going to this.
I LMAO at your second "this"! When I was in Hawai'i last summer, I discovered Filthy Farmgirl Soap at a farmer's market and just cracked up. I told the clerk that this was sooo nasty. He said, "hey, we just have cute pictures of roosters and cats, whatever you're thinking about is on you!" https://shop.filthyfarmgirl.com/

Awesome might have to give something like that a go myself iv been enjoying having a play with the tops i just like the patterns plus give a bit of grippyness to the bar. Did you swirl it too?

Do you use poppy seeds at all in your soaps? i made a face soap last week with poppy seeds in and being a man i dont have the first clue about exfoliating i used it as a shower soap and it was really nice if not a bit sharp used it as a face soap and even had a shave with the lather but what didnt occur to was i dont actually use the soap to clean my face but lather in my hands so how the hell is it going to exfoliate as a face soap lol so its now just a exfoliating soap me thinks

I cleaned 200 and eleventy million soap utensils, pots, pans and bowls. I may have fudged the numbers there. I think there was more. Felt like it anyway :mad:. Cleaning up because the Mother-In-Law is coming to stay. She will be doing her not so subtle inspection. Kill. Me. Now.
Q: Whats the difference between in-laws and out-laws
A: Out-Laws are wanted ahaha

@amd If you make a Salt bar just know that the Salt can Morph scents. I have had a few that are completely different.
So I would try a 1 bar batch and see how it goes. It may come back 2 months later in cure.
I had one scent that was so gross I was going to toss it.... 5 months later it was better but still not what you would think, and I used a really good amount over normal due to the salt. I sold a few but the rest are here in a box so I will use them my self ... some day lol

Gym this morning-
Fix my pail of oils-
try a big batch of the Coconut Milk soap and see how the heat goes... no scent (yeah I know I said I would not make a no scent because they don't sell, but hey :smallshrug: it turns out super white so maybe I can get DD to think it is Dove :lol:

Thinking of making Oat milk in the Coconut milk (will start another thread on this). Off to search what others have done :)

Gee @amd bet you wish I wasn't on now lol...

Last edited:
Thats why i asked about if it was a fo or eo because of how expensive the eo of sandlewood i found the other day was i was gobsmacked. 500ml for like 80 quid. Think ill have a look at reviews ect for a fo in uk when iv run my supplies down im resisting temptation to buy more while i already have so many

80 quid sounds pretty good for sandalwood EO...I know there are differences in quality (perceived and real), but my supplier will trade me 500ml of Australian sandalwood for the princely sum of $2600.

I think the next batch I will either do a different shade of brown or nix the brown altogether and just do the dark blue with the neon blue swirl.

You mustn't nix the brown! That's what makes the blues so gorgeous!

80 quid sounds pretty good for sandalwood EO...I know there are differences in quality (perceived and real), but my supplier will trade me 500ml of Australian sandalwood for the princely sum of $2600.

Yeah i did see it for about that too from somewhere else. This was from a supplier that normally charge about £30 for 500ml bottles. I know theres differences in quality but everything iv got from this supplier has been awesome with everything iv bought from them and they seem better quality than more expensive smaller store bought eos so im sticking with them

Latest posts

Back