What size workshop for soap business?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenity

Reaction score
Hi everyone

To those of you that have a full-time soap making business, what size workshop would you recommend? We're going to build one and I want to make sure it's big enough to accommodate my business as it grows.

Thank you
Melissa

I would make it as big as you can afford. I had about 700 sq. feet to soap in my last house and was outgrowing that. I stored my soap elsewhere..

Honestly, your always going to want more space. Think about your future and make a large enough space that you can afford. If you think you will grow in the future, it's something you need to talk to with your builder. Ask for a wall with no windows that you could expand in the future when you have more money.

So in short make a space that you can afford but leave room for improvement in the future!

I am renting an 800 sq foot warehouse that I share with another tenant. It's plenty of space for me

Thanks everyone. That works out to be 65-75m2, or 8m x 8m minimum. I don't need that much room yet but at least that gives me an idea of where I may expand to.

Now it's time to replace a wire on my soap cutter and get back into it!

Happy soaping!

Latest posts

Back