What Scale Do You Use?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_A

Reaction score
Since my scale bit the dust yesterday, I'm in need of a new scale :-(
What scale do you use?? And what do you like about it?
All scale suggestions are welcome! :)

I have 2 that I use every day. A 200g and a 2000g. Both Ohaus Scout Pro.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051W7YJC/ref=biss_dp_t_asn

And

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00068FPPG/ref=biss_dp_t_asn

What I like about the scales are,
Very accurate and repeatable measures
No auto shut off
Easy to read
Uses batteries or AC adapter

The reason I have two are
The 2000g scale is very accurate, but struggles to accurately measure below 200g, and the 200g version is great for accurately measuring anything up to 200g, and the 0.01g resolution is a great thing to have on a scale.

I am sure that for most people these scales are overkill, but I weigh things all day every day in my lab, and this is what I feel comfortable with. I am very OCD about weighing things as accurately as possible.

Most of the inexpensive digital scales on the market today will give you good results, and for most DIY stuff, you really don't need anything else. Just make sure it doesn't have auto shut off, or at least be able to turn it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my KD8000 'My Weight' brand that I purchased on Amazon. I also purchased the optional electrical adaptor from old will knox scales. I think the KD7000 is almost the same scale for a few $$ less. It does have the annoying shut off feature, but you can turn that feature off.

Woops! Forgot to mention what I like about it, the maximum weight is 8000g, so I don't have to worry about heavy bowls, the brightly lite numbers are a big improvement over my last scale, the manual can be downloaded, and I also like having the option of the adaptor.

^ what olive oil said. I use the kd8000 and I love it. I think it cost me about $35 on Amazon. I love that it can weigh so much. I hot process so I just place the ceramic pot on top and weigh all my oils in there that way there are less dishes to wash, I freaked love it.

I have the KD 7000 made by My Weigh (with the adapter plug). I've had it for almost 3 years now (I think) and I really love it. I especially love that it allows you to disable the auto-off feature, which I promptly did the very first thing after taking it out of the box. lol

IrishLass :)

I am drooling over those scales and they are on my short list of equipment to upgrade once I know for sure that I am not moving out if state. (No need for a fancy pants scale if I have to stop selling.)

Back