What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I am not sure how I missed this thread before. I have been Badger for the last 20 or so years. There is a bit of a story behind it, but it is kind of personal. (There is also the fact that I just like badgers, but the name and me liking them are probably linked) I chose the phoenix as my avatar because it is a symbol of rebirth and rebuilding from the ashes.

I didn't see this either, Badger. I still have a lot to look over here.

I went with three_little_fishes as it's the name of my extremely part time hobby photography business. Lol! I used to do photographs for print and cards, but I haven't had the time to get out and shoot in well over a year. I call my kiddos "my little fishes" all the time so it just came from that.

I still need to come up with an avatar.

I am sure you are lovely Malia, and your name is lovely... and you live close to me. I am in Mass also :)

I chose my name because it is what I am! I am a mommy to four crazy, nut-job children and a soaper (among other things). Haven't chosen an avatar because I have no idea what to use. :?:

I used to be MADBH but got locked out of that log in awhile ago so I just went with my name (really I'm Marjorie) but everyone calls me Marge. I can't figure out how to set up an avatar. Everytime I try it says the file is to big so I gave up.

I used to be MADBH but got locked out of that log in awhile ago so I just went with my name (really I'm Marjorie) but everyone calls me Marge. I can't figure out how to set up an avatar. Everytime I try it says the file is to big so I gave up.

Did you get Madbh from Celtic Mythology?

My avatar is because of my sudden new obsession with one of my childhood favorites, The Munsters. And Lily is just awesome! ;) Heather Glen Apothecary is my business name, named for a field of heather flowers (most of my products are Scottish/Irish celtic inspired.) My name is Jana, but I chose heatherglen for a user name because that's how most people online know me.

I chose my name...because it's my name :) I didn't realize I should put a _ between my first name and last initial...Im so original...

I chose my avatar because it's been such a freaking long time since I've seen my yard with green grass that I forgot what it looked like :) I'm sick of winter.

Sinny is a pet name my husband calls me....my avatar is a drawing of us done by a street artist when we visited Yorkshire

I chose my name because.....well, it's my name. I chose my avatar because.....well, it's me! I'm soo original!:roll:

Hi, I chose Red panda as it is sought of was a joke between me and my partner. I have always called him my polar bear as he is tall a bit chunky and has snowy coloured hair. (like a polar bear). Well he doesn't really like being called a polar bear so one day when I called him it he came up with Red Panda... I have Auburn/red hair and get the tired dark marks around my eyes. So I thought it would be fitting to use it as my user name.
I haven't chosen an Avatar but will shortly.

My avatar is me as a child. I love the picture because my mom took it and my hair used to be a beautiful shade of red -now it's just blah light brownish.

My username is what my nickname used to be as a child ( yup I miss being a kid lol ). It means petroleum lamp but could also mean "a girl that pours oil"
it is also very close to my first name - Petra

Yin Yang

Yin and Yang 陰陽 are complementary, not opposing, forces, interacting to form a whole greater than either separate part. Everything has both yin and yang, for example shadow cannot exist without light.

My father was born near ancient Olympia. There is a museum there that I visited when I was a kid. Among many other things, I remember a vessel that was showing an athlete who was preparing himself to run at the games. He was cleaning his body using a mixture of olive oil and sand. Then he was removing the mixture from his skin with a dedicated instrument called “stlegis”. I was very surprised to see that someone could clean himself without using soap.

My avatar shows a man cleaning himself with this particular method.

A man using the stlegis:

image.jpg

Female athletes cleaning themselves with the same way:

image.jpg

And the username, “Sapwn”, means “soap”.
It is written “Σάπων” in Greek and as you can see the omega is very similar to double-u, so I wrote it in that way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back