What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum! :D

In the upper right hand corner, you'll see the "User Control Panel" button, click it and it will take you to a page where you will see two more buttons - "Overview" and "Front Page". Mouse over "Overview" and click "Profile" in the drop down menu. On the next page, mouse over "Edit Profile" and then click on "Edit Avatar". Just follow the instructions to download your avatar or click on "Display Gallery" button to choose one from the forum.

Hi all,

My username is Witch Way Beauty which is also my business name. I chose it for 2 reasons 1 I'm a practicing Wiccan so that's the witch part and Witch Way is a play on words of which way as I love Alice in Wonderland and I imagine Tweddle Dum and Tweddle Dee talking to Alice while pointing in two different directions.

No avatar yet until I get on my home computer and can add one.

My temperament has been described as bear-like for much of my life. That's the avator I often go with.

Bears are often cranky and unpredictable. Fits me...

Al

I just joined this group today, so hello to everyone. I can tell you how I chose my name. I grow all my own herbs and love to make herbal products. Sagewoman seemed to fit me comfortably. As for an avatar, I have no idea how to find one and download it, So, if someone would like to guide me through the process, I'll choose one and then share. :?

Hello and welcome! :D

To add a forum avatar -

In the upper right hand corner, you'll see the "User Control Panel" button, click it and it will take you to a page where you will see two more buttons - "Overview" and "Front Page". Mouse over "Overview" and click "Profile" in the drop down menu. On the next page, mouse over "Edit Profile" and then click on "Edit Avatar". Just follow the instructions to download your avatar or click on "Display Gallery" button to choose one from the forum.

To add your own avatar -

You can add your own avatar as long as its maximum dimensions aren't greater than 100 pixels width x 100 pixels height - file size: 8.93 KiB. There are also sites where you can get a free avatar such as http://www.avatarsdb.com/ or http://www.coolavatars.net/

My username actually comes from a character in a series of books that I read earlier in the year. I loved it. My usual username (that I use on other forums) was already taken so I improvised. No avatar yet but I have one I can add, I just need to get around to it.

I've always been Squigglz or thesquigglz online-it's been my constant handle for over ten years. Squigglz is a bastardization of the word 'squirrel', not a reference to wavy lines, haha.

My avatar will probably change a lot. I picked this one because Sweetie Belle is pretty awesome.

I moved to Colorado so I could enjoy the mountains. Pretty much anything outdoors I'm up for. As for the user name I'll hike over the mountains and I will crawl under the mountains(caving). No avatar yet but.....

OverUnder said:
I moved to Colorado so I could enjoy the mountains. Pretty much anything outdoors I'm up for. As for the user name I'll hike over the mountains and I will crawl under the mountains(caving). No avatar yet but.....

From Colorado?! By the mountains?!

Color me incredibly jealous. (I snowboard, so I think living by a mountain would be pretty much the best thing ever <3 )

Hello everyone!

Although I don't have an avatar just yet, I picked my username as the name of the company that I may (or may not :p ) eventually be able to start. I remember a few months ago when I decided to look into making candles. I wanted to have a name in mind in case something big came from everything. One night after passing around a million different name ideas back and forth with my boyfriend (some were a bit crazy, lol), we came up with the name Treat Your Nose. I think it is simple enough to be remembered and yet does not tie me down to one type of craft.

This is a great thread!

Hello! Not sure about my avatar yet, but my username was pretty easy for me: I gave my grandma bunch of soaps, and some lotion for her birthday and she started laughing, I asked what was so funny, and she said "I remember my mom as a little old lady making soap in the kitchen when I was little and I just can't picture you doing it with all your tattoos and rock music in the background!" There you have it :)

That's a great reason for picking a username. You should invite your grandmother over to help you make soap so she can picture you making it. :lol:

"Maitri" is a Sanskrit word meaning "loving kindness." I came across the term when I took a Buddhism class in college 10+ years ago, and loved the sound of it. Since then I've used it as character names in online video games and for my digital scrapbooking business (that I don't really do any more) - MaitriScraps. It's unusual enough that I can usually get the name on boards/websites, and it's pretty :)

My avatar is just Grumpy Cat, internet meme.

When I first started making soaps, I used vintage pin up girls on all my labels. I wanted something vintage but fun and sexy. So I came up with Hello Gorgeous! and had a cute pin up winking at you. I've since grown and expanded. I now have a real live pin up girl (Bianca Bombshell) model for me and I use her on my labels and advertising. I'm also coming out with a line for men that's called Hello Sailor! and will feature Bianca in a vintage sailor dress. :)

i saw this picture and something about it touched me so i use it for all my avatars :p

I havent yet chosen an avatar as i am new here but my username shadina is maltese for monkey (spelt slightly differently) when me and my husband were choosing baby names he suggested shadina (hubby is maltese) i liked it not realising the meaning!! luckily he told me and luckily we had a boy! i now use it as my username whereever i can

Maythorn is a common name for the hawthorn plant. I could have picked May Lily (Lily of the Valley) though for a prettier name but you have to skip a space between the two words and Maythorn was easier.

I chose "My Mountain" because of what our property means to me. it is a place of quiet, strength, healing, beauty and reserve. I hope to bring that across in my soaps one day. But as i am new to soaping (1.5 years) i think i have a ways to go!!!!

Latest posts

Back