What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
freesiia

I have been using my signon for years... I adore freesia scent and flowers. When I had a garden I had all colors of freesia growing every spring.. but alas no space at the moment.

I've no avatar yet... got to figure out where to do that :?

I look forward to learning gobs and gobs about making soap and other soap related stuff.

My name... is well, my name. lol I have to keep it simple because I have so many usernames and passwords to keep up with that I can't keep track of them all. *sigh*

My avatar is a picture of a chain maille bracelet that I made. I love to make jewelry and do other crafty things. :lol:

My username comes from part of a pet name my Russian-born wife (may God keep her close) would call me.

My avatar comes from my hobby of being a "prepper" -- like the Boy Scouts, I try to "be prepared" for whatever may come. I like the idea of putting up the bunnies to make sure I have enough to last me until spring.

And my sig describes my life perfectly!

Muzhik said:
My username comes from part of a pet name my Russian-born wife (may God keep her close) would call me.

My avatar comes from my hobby of being a "prepper" -- like the Boy Scouts, I try to "be prepared" for whatever may come. I like the idea of putting up the bunnies to make sure I have enough to last me until spring.

And my sig describes my life perfectly!

I love that sig!!! How clever!

meaning

WELL...I'm a financial advisor AND a student of the Tao....so TaoJonz seemed quite appropriate!

Well my name was picked for me. It's a mix of my first and last name that my husband calls me affectionately. It started somewhere around the 6 month mark of us dating and 6 years later I think he's called me by my given name (Carrie) about 2-3 times. I love it, I never had a nickname growing up and now all of our friends cal me Carbo. It's good :)

Just checking if my avatar is there.

My avatar is a lovely painting by a local artist (who's name I can't remember!)
I love the coast and being in NZ I'm pretty much surrounded by it!

star1271 said:
Nope.
OK How do I put an avatar on?

On the home page, in the upper right corner, click on "Profile" to bring up your user profile. Scroll down to the bottom of your profile, and you'll see the Avatar Control Panel. This is where you can upload your avatar from your PC, provided it meets the size and space requirements listed there.

Muzhik said:
star1271 said:
Nope.
OK How do I put an avatar on?

On the home page, in the upper right corner, click on "Profile" to bring up your user profile. Scroll down to the bottom of your profile, and you'll see the Avatar Control Panel. This is where you can upload your avatar from your PC, provided it meets the size and space requirements listed there.
yep, that's what I had done.
It's the same pic I use all over the place and I have it on Gravatar too.
Ok I see now, it's too many KB. 9 is very very small!
I'll pick a gallery one instead.
I don't like being pic less!
Thanks

Hmmm... This is suppose to be the avatar/ name meaning thread, but I have a blank subject box.
I will test to see what happens to this post before replying....
Yay, it worked.
Now, my iPhone doesn't scroll the message box while I type, so a point will come when I can't see what I am typing, apologies for any mistakes...

My name, Wick's End, derived from a vote when my sister, her husband , my husband and I were going to go partnership in soaps and candles together. This is my business name.
I haven't checked into the avatar yet since I am not even sure I could do that through iPhone.
I was once asked what my job title was and with making both soaps and candles it had to be fitting for both. I think Aromatic Art Designer sums it up pretty well and makes for a very professional title, don't you? Maybe it will one day catch on any everybody will come to wearing that title!... I can dream, right?!

Well, gonna go see all the other interesting threads and I really should be in bed sleeping...

I picked my avatar because I liked it, and my user name Lolly is what my first grandbaby who is due in Feb. is going to call me

I took German in high school and we had to pick out German names. I had chosen Zilke and it has stuck with me ever since the first day of class. The reason why I chose my avatar is that I love Japanese everything. I even took Japanese in college and have gone to Japan twice.

Hi everyone! I've been reading this topic and I LOVE everyone's user names and the meanings behind them! Mine is pretty simple. I chose OrganicChem because I like to use organic oils in my soaps. (I'm really into organic and local food, also. It's my "thing", in addition to soap.) The "Chem" part comes from the amazing chemistry of soapmaking. I'm always impressed by the beneficial properties of the various natural materials, and how they combine. There's so much going on on a molecular level! And Organic Chem is the usual nickname for the organic chemistry classes that I never took in college. I took physics instead- why oh why? lol.
My avatar is just one I chose off of the list- I like it because it reminds me of Twilight!

I'm shy :oops: , so let me admit, that my username "zajcek" actually means rabbit.
I didn't know what avatar is, until I haven't read this topic. So, now I've chosen black cat from the gallery, because one cute black cat often comes to visit us, especially when he's hungry.

Latest posts

Back