What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My username is my most-used name, Melinda. My “real” name is Ermelinda (named for my Italian grandmother) but I have been called Melinda my whole life. The image is representative of me and my husband. I embrace my sweet baboo - Charlie. 48 is the year I was born.
~ :)

This topic was suggested to me by one of our members (Jaaret) and thought it would be a nice addition to the introduction forum.

What made you choose the particular user name or avatar that you did?

tell us what your user name and avatar mean to you!

Example:

My user name is IanT

My name is Ian and last name begins with "T" (easy enough ... right!?)

and my avatar is the Lion of Judah which has a special significance to me and I believe symbolizes strength and dedication.

YOUR turn!
My name is my business! My real name is Tiffany :) I'll have to upload my avatar when I get home (at my 9-5 job) so you can see the face behind the name :))

My name is real. My avatar is a Panda - it's black, white, Asian and, in this case, wearing the French red beret. For me, it represents being international.

My username honors a beloved late pet.

I’ve been looking for a way to use Teletubby Gowron since I stole him from someone a while back. It doesn’t particularly say much about me other than I like Star Trek and stealing ideas from people funnier than I am.

My real name is Karen, but I chose SmockingRN as username because am retired nurse and love to sew and smock. Avatar photo is a Bargello Heart quilt I made from scraps.

I like to be constantly creative and so in addition to this newest hobby of soap making, I have had a candle making business and I create and paint custom silicone dolls. My avatar pic is of a doll I painted recently. (She has since grown hair, lol)

Hi SoapMakingForum, I chose my username, Maevanne, because that is my first name and I like my name and figured, its a nice username. I stumbled across this forum in researching how to get rid of soda ash and age spots that I have, and still do, experience with my soap making endeavors. I really like the family atmosphere of this forum and am happy to have discovered this place. Thank you!!!

It's a combination of my real name + "silvis", latin for "the woods". I've always been... well, not exactly a "tree-hugger" person, but I must admit that there's something truly unique about forests and trees. Also I adore witchery aesthetics. Back to soap making and other hobbies, I try to keep my crafts eco-friendly and sustainable.

My name is - well - my name, lol. My avatar is my sweet, funny, buck, Kola, who I'm hoping will sire a kid or two per year, providing me with plenty of goats milk, for my soap, for the next several years.

I chose this name after finding out my first name was not available (hello, Andrea!). I chose The Bubble Fairy as she's a character in a story our grandmother used to read to my twin sister and I (my picture here, taken from my Facebook page, shows as at the age of about 2 years!). The book was called The Tip Top Annual and the story was 'Louisa and the Bubble Fairy' - there were several 'Louisa' stories in the book, which would have been published in the war years.

My late father came up with the name when I was born. I use it as my Avitar for other sites. No where near as common as my real name and a way to remember my father.

I chose Cross-stitch gal because I learned how to Cross-stitch when I was 9 years old. My main craft is actually Cross-stitching even now that I'm in my 40's. But, I'm constantly looking to learn new hobbies as I have time to do so. Which is how I stumbled across you guys! :)

My user name means compassion in Yoruba language. I was searching for some meaningful words but also short and easy to remember so I checked out all languages. Anyway, just a few days ago, when I told a friend about this idea, he wrote it on a paper, just put an "s" at the end of the word aanu 😂. Not so compassionate of him!

My avatar I chose because it is one of the pictures available in my phone. And I like taking flower photos.

Latest posts

Back