What is going on with Soapsupplies.net?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I used ss.net in my past soaping life, and had good experiences with the products and the service. Since I started soaping again about a year ago, I emailed the owner, Paige, a couple of times with questions. No reply. I figured she was busy so just let it go and did not order whatever it was I was asking about, don't even remember now. About a month ago I did place an order with her, I had always liked her titanium dioxide so order two versions of that, plus several fragrance oils, a couple I was familiar with and other, new (to me) ones. I got an automated reply after a few days saying my order had been received then nothing for a couple of weeks. I sent an email asking for an update or tracking number, no response. A week or so later I did receive the package. I was unimpressed with the FO's, even the ones I had liked in the past seemed different. One thing which was definitely wrong was the four ounces of black oxide I'd ordered; I received a four ounce bag of brown oxide instead (although it was labelled as black oxide.)

I wrote to Paige sending a picture of the oxide, asking her to send out a replacement, no answer. I replied to the email that had acknowledged the initial order and payment and got a response saying that they were a payment agent that had nothing to do with order fulfilment, and that they were forwarding the email to the owner, Paige. I then wrote Paige again twice asking her to reply and replace the oxide, She never responded.

@cmzaha, I know that you really liked this supplier, do you know what is up there? Has she sold the business? At this point I would highly recommend against anyone placing orders there because it appears that if something goes wrong you will not get a reply, refund, replacement or anything else. The item was less than $10 so it is not really worth following up anymore. The FOs are pretty much a write off as well in terms of quality, but at least I did receive them!

I had a similar lack of response last year over some leakage. It was minimal so I let it pass.

The fragrances were as expected from before.

There have been a host of reformulations thru the industry over the past several years, it's possible yours were reformulated?

The "payment agent" thing is not that odd if you were contacting the processor, but it is very odd that she isn't answering emails.

Last edited:
Thanks @Mobjack Bay and @paradisi. I know she (or whomever is running the business now) is getting the emails because they are not bouncing back and I've also sent a message through the website "contact us" form. It's not worth the aggravation to follow up.

But I think it is worth flagging for anyone who is thinking of ordering from ss.net these days. I won't be doing so again, which is a shame because it used to be a good supplier.

Latest posts

Back