What is considered a "good" stick blender?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sight of your plastic SB reminds me of a discussion about SBs on another group. This soaper loved her plastic SB but, over time, it lost a couple of "teeth" and couldn't stand up straight. It made her sad knowing she would have to replace it.

Thankfully, mine is still in great condition, but I have 2 backups of the same model, just in case. ;)

IrishLass :)

I have a cheap plastic rival that I have had since I started, so going back to 2007. Still using it. I do have a back up cuisinart. I never get bubbles in my soap, and I think it is because of the design of the bottom part. I don't have issues with it falling over on me, I usually stick it in a tall plastic cup that I keep with hot water in it to rinse it. It is easy to clean, and still works great for the 10 bucks I paid for it. That's a dollar a year LOL.

20170408_145045.jpg

My cheap little plastic one from Amazon is still going strong after 2 years, but I always find myself eyeballing the detachable stainless ones. I can't bring myself to buy a new one until it finally dies, though. ):

I keep reading where experienced soap makers recommend that you need a good stick blender. Are there features or brands that I should look for? I'm not rushing out to buy one now, but if I run across a good deal I'd like to know some options.
My other thought is that my husband will be asking me soon for ideas for a Mother's Day gift so I'm thinking soap making supplies!
This Might help

As a hobbyist. I make about 2 pound batches. I've been using this one for a while.

https://www.amazon.com/OXA-Smart-Po...rsion+blender&qid=1561517931&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I've been happy with it. I will say that if you run it continuously, it will heat up. AFAIK that's true of all stick blenders. However, the place you grip doesn't get hot. I usually run it for a few seconds and let it cool for a few seconds. It doesn't heat up and you get to trace in about the same amount of time.

Back