What happened here

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that your first time using the fridge to prevent gel? Does the edges of the loaf seem really soft still? Being kept cool slows down saponification and there is a good chance you soap just isn't ready to cut yet.

Heavy td can cause soap to become dry and crumbly. It is better to use oils that will give a lighter color than depending on loads of td to make a white soap. A nice creamy soap is just as pretty as a white soap and prettier than a crumbly soap. I really never try to make my base batter white with td, I separate out and mix a smaller amount of batter with td for a white accent. If I want a white soap I use lard or tallow as my base oils with light colored oils such as refined A olive from Costco, Sunflower or Canola for an almost white soap

Wait, I've never used oo pomace before, but at 50%, with 25 canola and only 25 palm, and full water - why would Jumeriah's loaf be ready to cut in 24 hours (also being refrigerated?)

Btw Jumeriah - both soaps are gorgeous - even the one with the weird "gel"!

But again, I'm not sure your soap is ready to be cut - but wait and hear what the more experienced people have to say about my comment. I'd like to see you save that soap!

Dear all :)
Yes it was really too early to cut my soap.
Now I know that.
As advised I put it in oven and after 30 min was better but still not completely.
I left it for 6 hours or more there and then tried to cut it.
It was perfect. Not even one crumb!
I am so happy that it turned ok! Guys thank you so much on all the help!
You all just saved my soap :)

IMG-20160101-WA0001.jpg

Thats very pretty, I like the contrasting colors and the swirls are really nice.

Thank you! This was my first time to stop gel process. I am still not sure wich one I like more. Gelled or not gelled soap.
I guess I will need few more soaps under my belt to have opinion about it.
And knowledge :twisted:
Thank you all once again!

Pretty soap and I am loving the Idea of using white accents instead whitening the whole batch.

Back