What do you do when you can't soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gigi and Deedles,
If you find yourself buried in quilts or paper projects ( soap boxes?) please do feel free to do a Christmas give away.:mrgreen:
I think the loom is really cool and envy anyone with the tactile skills to make things out of paper.
A quilt on a cold winter day is a gift that keeps on giving too.

My mind has it's own set of wheels too so I need to have things to do to keep the OCD under some kind of temporary control.

Steve

Gigi - I too have PTSD related anxiety (2 car accidents in a month, a broken hip from another accident a month later and a bat colony in my house... I was a vegetable for 3 days. Its been crazy recovering from that. One of the reasons I started soaping was to give my brain something complicated (learning different acids and chemistry and just experimenting with different oils and percentages). My other hobbies include reading and writing but they don't help when I get stuck in my head, and yoga or running.

I've been telling people about yoga for years. It really does help me relax when I'm squirrelly brained. I read a lot also, and write, but I agree with you, they aren't enough to occupy the mind sometimes. I'm so sorry to hear about your accidents, that's terrible. Hugs.

Gigi and Deedles,
If you find yourself buried in quilts or paper projects ( soap boxes?) please do feel free to do a Christmas give away.:mrgreen:
I think the loom is really cool and envy anyone with the tactile skills to make things out of paper.

My mind has it's own set of wheels too so I need to have things to do to keep the OCD under some kind of temporary control.

Steve

I'm not buried yet but it may happen if I keep going LOL

Gigi and Deedles,

Steve

haha....I'll keep you in mind!
http://www.soapmakingforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Gigi

I'm sorry about your ptsd, with 12 years in the military, I had a lot of friends that came home with it and it was so hard seeing the change it made in them. Mine is fibromyalgia, some days it's not too bad, others it's like being hit by a whole fleet of trucks.
I have to be careful of how deeply involved I get, sitting too long in one position or tensing up as I'm concentrating can exacerbate things.

And since you insisted on seeing dress photos... :wink:

My husband and I had a Victorian/Steampunk wedding and it was a mighty fine shindig if I do say so myself.
I made the entire dress and petticoats (which made more appearances than I would have liked). Oh, the amount of hand sewing (not my cup of tea) the whole thing required, never again!
I had two overskirts, the one for the ceremony had the train and was just the peacock blue. I don't have a lot of full pictures of it, so the first is the best one. The second, shows the second over-skirt in the acid green. Finally, a bit of a better look at the bodice.

bV7Sh24.jpg

E9u3Z4s.jpg

ji0Z3Ut.jpg

Edit to fix photos

Last edited:
I sew teddy bears or other crafts...had surgery in November & was recovering at my moms house for a month...couldn't soap as much.
12308407_10156317535600646_8267823046749943007_n.jpg

Gigi

I'm sorry about your ptsd, with 12 years in the military, I had a lot of friends that came home with it and it was so hard seeing the change it made in them. Mine is fibromyalgia, some days it's not too bad, others it's like being hit by a whole fleet of trucks.
I have to be careful of how deeply involved I get, sitting too long in one position or tensing up as I'm concentrating can exacerbate things.

And since you insisted on seeing dress photos... :wink:

My husband and I had a Victorian/Steampunk wedding and it was a mighty fine shindig if I do say so myself.
I made the entire dress and petticoats (which made more appearances than I would have liked). Oh, the amount of hand sewing (not my cup of tea) the whole thing required, never again!
I had two overskirts, the one for the ceremony had the train and was just the peacock blue. I don't have a lot of full pictures of it, so the first is the best one. The second, shows the second over-skirt in the acid green. Finally, a bit of a better look at the bodice.

Edit to fix photos

How beautiful is that dress!! Awesome :)

OMG MrsSpaceship that dress is stunning! And well-made from the looks of it! What a beautiful bride you made. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I love reading about all these different interests - it's amazing to see the folks of different stripes that our weird soap addiction has brought together.

I, like many here, also crochet to relax my mind. I've been teaching myself to knit and it is the opposite of relaxing lol. Lots of profanities hurling through the air.

Also love doing yoga, drinking craft beer, and photography. And traveling!

Latest posts

Back