What do you do for work?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work in the Legal field. I am a Notary Public which is very different in British Columbia from being one in the U.S. or some other provinces in Canada. I basically do the exact same job as a lawyer when it comes to buying or selling your home, getting a mortgage or refinancing your existing mortgage, subdivisions, wills, powers of attorney, agreements, etc. I have been doing it for many, many years and am ready to hang up my hat and stay home and soap, garden and cook. Hopefully one day SOON!!! Seems weird to want to be at home now that the boys are all grown up. Most stay at home Moms do it while the kids are actually at home. LOL.

I am a Certified Payroll Professional at a fairly good sized electrical contracting company in Northern VA. I like soaping much better.

:wink:

Wow, this post is so interesting. I love seeing what you all do.

I was an elementary teacher for 14 years, the last five of which were in Montessori. I quit three years ago so I'd have more time to be with my own kids and I have worked several jobs in that time. I currently work part time as a travel counselor for the State of Minnesota and practicum supervisor of education students for a local college, and until recently I was a volunteer manager at a museum. Unfortunately, I've also been laid off twice in the three years. :roll:

Stacie

I work and sometimes try to work as a restaurant cook(for 30 yrs)and love my job! I wish I could be a full time soaper but as the diners call I will listen!
LOL!
I really love to cook and some day will own the Restaurant but for now soaping is a hobby and a side job!

I am retired from teaching biology at the local junior college. My husband is also retired. We live in northern California & have kids & grandkids in Portland & Seattle, so spend a lot of time on the road.

I also do all of the managing & maintenance for several rental properties, so when I have a vacancy, it gets pretty busy!

I am just now finding this thread...thanks for starting it Ashley! So many interesting jobs/professions/passions here :D

I started out as a secretary for a finance company in the early 80's then became an accounts clerk for a motor dealership. While there I took an accounting certificate course at night and qualified as a Certified Practicing Accountant in 1989. By the time I had finished that course I was working as Accountant/Financial controller for the Australian HO of an international engineering firm - very interesting! I was offered a promotion with them to handle the accounting/finance for Australia, New Zealand & Indonesia and almost took it....but my baby making apparatus kicked in (lol) so I declined and finished up full time work 2 weeks before baby no. 1 arrived. Hubby and I now run our own company providing plans and components for steel framed owner/builder systems (aka kit homes) - I do the books (big surprise there - NOT!)

Oh, and I am also setting up a soaping business!!! :lol:

Tanya :)

Latest posts

Back