It is what it is

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No knee scooter? šŸ™ It sounds like your body is doing everything right to heal. You make some of the most incredible soap ever. Iā€™m hoping to see you posting new pictures soon. šŸ¤—
Thank you! I hope I remember how to make soap once Iā€™m able to do it.

Iā€™m sorry you have a somewhat shared experience. My therapist thought a knee scooter wasnā€™t offered as an option because of the location of the break of my ankle. At this point, I will start weight bearing on that foot and progress to 100% over two weeks and be able to just use a cane, I hope. Thanks for the encouragement.
Hang in there. Sorry the scooter isnā€™t an option. Sending healing thoughts!

I missed this thread as well. So very happy things are moving right along for you. :)

@dibbles - is today the day? šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘
You should take full advantage of saying ā€œtoday I am finally putting my foot down!ā€ šŸ˜‚

I hope all goes well on this next ā€œstepā€ on your healing journey. Sending you lots of good vibes today. šŸŒøšŸ„°šŸŒø
It is the day šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ How nice of you to remember. I've been trying out my newly remodeled foot and so far so good. All the healing that has taken place over the last 10 weeks is progress, but invisible. "Putting my foot down" is tangible and just feels like real progress. I'm sitting with an ice pack right now, but just to help manage swelling - not for pain! It's a good day!

It is the day šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ How nice of you to remember. I've been trying out my newly remodeled foot and so far so good. All the healing that has taken place over the last 10 weeks is progress, but invisible. "Putting my foot down" is tangible and just feels like real progress. I'm sitting with an ice pack right now, but just to help manage swelling - not for pain! It's a good day!
So happy you are progressing! Ice is definitely a good thing. I used to keep a dishpan on the patio and would soak my ankles in ice water every day.

The final chapter! I am able to transition out of the boot and start walking without crutches or a walker as tolerated. If I am not having problems at 6 weeks, no follow up appointment is needed. Obviously, I wonā€™t be making soap until I can safely carry my lye pitcher, but hopefully only a couple of more weeks and I will be able to give it a go. I feel like Iā€™ve grown wings!

Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts everyone. They were appreciated more than you know, and helped lift my spirits.

Yaaayyyy!!! Freedom is coming! If you can get Physical Therapy I highly recommend it. My doc didnā€™t recommend it at the time and I wish he had. I ended up doing PT almost a year later for hip pain caused because I was babying my ankle.

Yaaayyyy!!! Freedom is coming! If you can get Physical Therapy I highly recommend it. My doc didnā€™t recommend it at the time and I wish he had. I ended up doing PT almost a year later for hip pain caused because I was babying my ankle.
Thank you! The doctor put in an order for PT, in case I am having problems, but they didnā€™t seem to think I will need it. I will go if I need to.

Ugh, Dibbles, just read this thread. It sounds awful, but great to hear that you have made such a good recovery. A friend sent me a "don't do this" video of people clambering on countertops/falling, and it made me, a short person/lifetime countertop clamber-er, immediately stop doing it permanently, no fun to have a break that stays broken. Crossing my fingers that you can start soaping again super quickly.

Latest posts

Back