What are you Procrastinating

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
........... labeling/counting my soaps.

I even knocked over 3 empty boxes and I just step over them to leave the room.... also my sons laundry that is sitting in the doorway. I already have one load in the wash but it has been a few hours since it was finished. yeah I don't wanna go down to the basement.

Picture taken from my Computer chair.
20180826_162923[1].jpg

Washing the squirt bottles from my challenge soap :(
LOL.... sorry, I had to laugh at that one. I made my challenge soap last weekend and realized yesterday I hadn't washed my squirt bottles yet. It took soaking all day yesterday and then washing them again this morning to get them clean. I guess sometimes it's not good to procrastinate, huh?

LOL.... sorry, I had to laugh at that one. I made my challenge soap last weekend and realized yesterday I hadn't washed my squirt bottles yet. It took soaking all day yesterday and then washing them again this morning to get them clean. I guess sometimes it's not good to procrastinate, huh?
Worst part is, I want to do another attempt, but to do that I have to wash them ... is it bad that I'm considering just buying new ones? Hahaha

Gals, that's why I've taken to lining with plastic. I still have to wash the bottles, but it's no where near as difficult with pre-made plastic bag inserts. I use my impulse sealer (for shrink wrapping my soaps) to seal the seams in order custom fit the size I need for each bottle. I keep a master pattern for each bottle size, but also make a few ahead of time so I don't have to do this each and every time I want to use them. DO NOT USE SARAN WRAP; it's not strong enough and will burst inside the bottle. But I have used small (for small trash cans) trash bags and cut them down to size, sealed with impulse sealer and they have never burst open.

PS, I also spray the bottles with rubbing alcohol and that seems to get them clean easier. It still takes some time, but it seems to release some of the greasiness of the soap (from handling them with soap batter spills that my gloves spread around).

Try the dollar store :)

So I decided to clean out the Koi pond instead of doing the soaps during the day. That was a 2 hr job.
I managed to get most of the soaps wrapped and all the labels printed and cut. Still need to wrap some more and then put them in boxes and inventory.
It's gonna be a heat wave this week :(

I forsee a LONG procrastination

I want to make labels for my soaps because its getting hard to remember what is which soap!

Labels are good, but until I design labels and put them on my soaps this is what I do to keep my different soaps identified:

Supplies needed:
1 roll of masking tape
1 notebook
1 permanent marking pen (for writing on the masking tape)
1 pencil (for writing in the notebook)
1 tray for each batch of soap for curing

Method:
1. Each batch of soap is recorded in the notebook (you can do this by printing your recipes, or keep your notes in a data file on computer. In record, include DATE soap is made and file them by date made. In my handwritten notebook, all my soaps are written in chronological order as I make them, so the pages are in consecutive order.
2.Each batch of soap, once cut, is placed into it's own tray for curing.
3. Cut a piece of masking tape about 2 or 3 inches long and write the DATE soap was made, and a couple of other characteristics of the soap to help you identify it so when you go to label it you can differentiate it from other soaps (especially if you make more than one batch per day). For me, I use DATE; oils; FO; Color; and which SWIRL, also name of soap if I have chosen one yet, although that usually comes later. Apply the masking tape label to the tray (NOT to the soap.)

When it comes time to label the soaps, all I have to do is turn to the page corresponding to the information on the masking tape label and I can easily see which soap is which. I did try a hand-written paper label at one point, but they would fall out when a breeze came along (me walking by, for example) and that just didn't work very well.

If you transfer the curing soap from trays to shelves or racks, it's easy to move the masking tape to the shelf as long as the tape hasn't gotten oily by touching the soap. I've moved masking tape labels a few times and the adhesiveness lasts for at least a couple of years or more, so no worries about them ever falling off if you label your soaps in a reasonable time.

I have got to get my new workroom set up! We just moved (about 5 weeks ago) and I am the only one unpacking and setting everything up while my hubby is at work. Going in the workroom and seeing the chaos just peaks my anxiety to the point that I walk back out without having put anything away . I made a deal with the hubby that I wouldn't make soap or candles until everything in the workroom was in order, but I am having problems getting it done as I am a wonderful procrastinator.

Life. I'm procrastinating on all things life related including Humaning and Adulting. I'm a jerk this week and I'm not apologizing for it.

Other things: Bookkeeping for the soap business. I haven't touched it all year. I do at least have all of my receipts in a file folder in the filing cabinet. Sorting out my sales will be a different kind of challenge. I'm done with shows until October, so I may take the next few Saturday mornings to go to a local coffee shop and force myself to get it done.

I tried not to procrastinate calling the doctor, but his office just seems to make it really difficult to do the follow-through. The machine answers to say "Regular business hours are..." and although I am calling during regular business hours, no one is answering the phone! So the doctor's office is the one causing this procrastination! Today is Monday, correct? Yes, my computer does say it is Monday. And my clock seems to be accurate, so I don't know what is the deal.

Life. I'm procrastinating on all things life related including Humaning and Adulting. I'm a jerk this week and I'm not apologizing for it.

Other things: Bookkeeping for the soap business. I haven't touched it all year. I do at least have all of my receipts in a file folder in the filing cabinet. Sorting out my sales will be a different kind of challenge. I'm done with shows until October, so I may take the next few Saturday mornings to go to a local coffee shop and force myself to get it done.
I just said that yesterday "I will not apologize"

Labels are good, but until I design labels and put them on my soaps this is what I do to keep my different soaps identified:

Supplies needed:
1 roll of masking tape
1 notebook
1 permanent marking pen (for writing on the masking tape)
1 pencil (for writing in the notebook)
1 tray for each batch of soap for curing

Method:
1. Each batch of soap is recorded in the notebook (you can do this by printing your recipes, or keep your notes in a data file on computer. In record, include DATE soap is made and file them by date made. In my handwritten notebook, all my soaps are written in chronological order as I make them, so the pages are in consecutive order.
2.Each batch of soap, once cut, is placed into it's own tray for curing.
3. Cut a piece of masking tape about 2 or 3 inches long and write the DATE soap was made, and a couple of other characteristics of the soap to help you identify it so when you go to label it you can differentiate it from other soaps (especially if you make more than one batch per day). For me, I use DATE; oils; FO; Color; and which SWIRL, also name of soap if I have chosen one yet, although that usually comes later. Apply the masking tape label to the tray (NOT to the soap.)

When it comes time to label the soaps, all I have to do is turn to the page corresponding to the information on the masking tape label and I can easily see which soap is which. I did try a hand-written paper label at one point, but they would fall out when a breeze came along (me walking by, for example) and that just didn't work very well.

If you transfer the curing soap from trays to shelves or racks, it's easy to move the masking tape to the shelf as long as the tape hasn't gotten oily by touching the soap. I've moved masking tape labels a few times and the adhesiveness lasts for at least a couple of years or more, so no worries about them ever falling off if you label your soaps in a reasonable time.

That’s basically what I do. I record every batch (specially since I am still trying recipes) on a notebook. On my phone i have a list of the soap and its characteristics (green bamboo FO, for example) and the date. However what I want from the labels is to have them stuck on each soap! Instead of needing to go check my notes when I want to see what i put on each of them. I am 20 batches in so I can no longer remember if i did cream of milk or just water lol.

Back