What am I gonna do with all this jojoba?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarnieSoapien

Reaction score
I have some jojoba oil (roughly 450 ml) that I bought with the intention of using in my CP soaps but after some research and trail and error, I'm thinking there could be a better use for it. What's your favorite B&B product to use jojoba in?

Face serum :)
It's expensive here so I only have a small 100ml bottle which I decanted in a smaller one, and added a few drops of elemi EO. It's very similar to frankincense, and produced locally.

She forgets to use it sometimes, but, combined with an avocado facial soap I made her, several people have asked what she's been doing to suddenly look younger (they didn't see her for close to a month while we cared for my grandma) lol

I use 2% jojoba in my Dr. Bronner's (Type) Baby Mild Liquid Bastile Soap. I like having it on hand for other stuff as well. I store it at room temp with most of my others oils in a basement cabinet. It has a long shelf life... 3 years, if I remember correctly.

Jojoba is very good for hair and scalp products. You may want to consider formulating a CP shampoo bar using the info I just posted in this thread: Oils for Liquid Shampoo

Can't wait to try it in some of Humble Bee's recipes:
I would think it could be used in balms and lotion bars. Here is a link with some ideas: https://www.humblebeeandme.com/10-recipes-make-jojoba-oil/
Thank You.gif

Last edited:
You could add some vanilla beans and make an oil based vanilla extract!
Maybe not. From the wiki about jojoba oil: "Like olestra, jojoba oil is edible but non-caloric and non-digestible, meaning the oil will pass out of the intestines unchanged and can mimic steatorrhea - a health condition characterized by the inability to digest or absorb normal dietary fats."

Maybe not. From the wiki about jojoba oil: "Like olestra, jojoba oil is edible but non-caloric and non-digestible, meaning the oil will pass out of the intestines unchanged and can mimic steatorrhea - a health condition characterized by the inability to digest or absorb normal dietary fats."
Definitely not to eat! I meant to use it as a means to fragrance naturally! Like this essential oil. I've used it in eo blends and lotion, but definitely wouldn't eat it. I make a vanilla extract with vodka to flavor foods.

Attachments

• 20190227_212621.jpg
    20190227_212621.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 7
Definitly as a face oil or serum, you probably already know the wax esters found in Jojoba are identical to the natural sebum produced by our skin so if you wash your face then use it afterwards you skin doesn't have to go crazy producing it again. For people like me with usually oily skin it helps heaps to reduce oil. Which to me at first seemed so counter intuitive oil = oily skin right! haha

Definitly as a face oil or serum, you probably already know the wax esters found in Jojoba are identical to the natural sebum produced by our skin so if you wash your face then use it afterwards you skin doesn't have to go crazy producing it again. For people like me with usually oily skin it helps heaps to reduce oil. Which to me at first seemed so counter intuitive oil = oily skin right! haha
Do you know if this helps with acne? I have combination skin and have been breaking out worse than when I was a teenager for some reason

Do you know if this helps with acne? I have combination skin and have been breaking out worse than when I was a teenager for some reason
I would HIGHLY reccomend it for acne, that or rosehip oil. They both calm the skin and replace the good oil you wash off your skin when you wash your face preventing your body from going into overdirve to replace it.
I have combination skin and my face always use to feel like I had really dry flaky skin on my face under a layer of oil it was so weird!! o_O I also use to get heaps of pimles around my forehead and my chin and nose.
But now I use a gentle face wash sometimes even just hot water in the shower and then use my jojoba and rosehip oil blend and my face has cleared up 100% I only get the occasional "hormonal" pimple close to my mothly visitor. :mad: My skin isn't rough or flaky either it's soft and supple, slightly oily but not a slick anymore. I can acutally wipe my finger on my face without it coming away oily even by the end of the day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back